Summary: The Spirit of Victory
I. The Spirit of Victory (9:1–3)
1. Is Expressed in Our Yieldedness v.1 I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart;
2. Is Expressed in Our Openness (9:1) I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.
3. Is Expressed in Our Cheerfulness (9:2) I will be glad and rejoice in thee:
4. Is Expressed in Our Thankfulness 2. I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High. Wholehearted Praise - v.1 Wondrous - v.1 Worthy - v.2 Worshiping Praise - v.2
II. The Story of Victory (9:4–6) For thou hast maintained my right and my cause; thou satest in the throne judging right
1. God Rebukes the Enemy (9:5) Thou hast rebuked the heathen, , 2. God Destroys the Enemy (9:5) thou hast destroyed the wicked
3. God Forgets the Enemy (9:5) thou hast put out their name for ever and ever The Destiny of The Sinner - v.3 When mine enemies are turned back, they shall fall and perish at thy presence. The Defence of The Saint - v.4,5 The Supreme Cause - v.4 For thou hast maintained my right and my cause The Supreme Court - v.4 thou satest in the throne judging right The Decision of The Sovereign - v.5,6 The Supreme Conviction - v.5 No Nation Will Be Remaining - v.5 Thou hast rebuked the heathen, thou hast destroyed the wicked No Name Will Be Remembered v.5 thou hast put out their name for ever and ever The Supreme Condemnation - v.6 Endless Ruin - v.6 O thou enemy, destructions are come to a perpetual end: Entirety Removed - v.6 and thou hast destroyed cities; Eradicated Remembrance - v.6 their memorial is perished with them.
III. The Secret of Victory (9:7–20) Because God Is :-
1. The God of Righteousness (9:8) And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.
2. The God of Refuge (9:9–10) The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
3. The God of Remembrance (9:11–12) Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings.12 When he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembereth them: he forgetteth not the cry of the humble.
4. The God of Redemption (9:13–14) Have mercy upon me, O LORD; consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, thou that liftest me up from the gates of death: 14 That I may shew forth all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion: I will rejoice in thy salvation. 5. The God of Recompense (9:15-20) The heathen are sunk down in the pit that they made: in the net which they hid is their own foot taken.