Summary: • Over the next few weeks, I want to build a strong foundation as it relates to true prosperity. • There has been many definitions of prosperity, however, over the next few weeks we will step though the Word and define it as God has intended it to be def
• Over the next few weeks, I want to build a strong foundation as it relates to true prosperity.
• There has been many definitions of prosperity, however, over the next few weeks we will step though the Word and define it as God has intended it to be defined.
• True prosperity is for every Believer.
• We must first understand how the kingdom of God operates.
• Let us look to the scriptures this morning and see what God has to say about prosperity.
A. True prosperity is the ability to meet the needs of others at any given time.
1. Our minds must be renewed with the Word of God and His will.
(NKJV) Romans 12 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
2. John talks about of soul prospering and to be in good health.
3. Prosperity leads us to excel, to make progress in our pursuit for the things of God.
4. Prosperity leads us to extend or help others in an unselfish manner. It is an inward mind-set, not just an outward gathering of possessions or things.
5. True prosperity deals with every aspect of life—spirit, soul and body.
B. The word prosperity has evolved over time.
1. The original Hebrew meaning for prosperity was used as a parting utterance.
2. The original definition meant to be on the right path, to have a successful journey in life.
a. God desires for Believers to have a prosperous journey in life, it starts with salvation in Jesus (John 3:16)
3. Over time, the usage of the word prosperity had changed to mean success in profitability and material gain.
4. Believers’ today use the word prosperity to mean wholeness and continued well-being in every area of life.
5. God wants Christians to be successful in every area of life—health, relationships, careers, finances, etc.
(NKJV) Psalm 35 27 Let them shout for joy and be glad, Who favor my righteous cause; And let them say continually, “Let the LORD be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.”
C. We can be successful in every aspect of life.
1. Money (finances) is a result of prospering in God.
a. Money is spoken of very often in the Word. Money is a tool that enables a person to get things accomplished in the kingdom of God.
b. Money in itself does not define prosperity. You can be rich and be poor in other areas of life.
(NKJV) Revelation 3 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.
2. True prosperity for the Christian is the ability to request whatever is needed from God in any situation.
(AMP) 2 Corinthians 9 8 And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation].
D. Learning to operate in the kingdom of God, positions us to have true prosperity.
1. As Believers in Christ Jesus, we must seek how to do things God's way.
(AMP) Matthew 6 33But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.
a. Meditation & study of the details in God’s Word will give us the understanding on how God's system operates.
b. A key to prosperity is obedience.
(NKJV) Job 36 11 If they obey and serve Him, They shall spend their days in prosperity, And their years in pleasures.
2. If a Christian doesn't understand the parable of the sower it is impossible to operate in God's system & obtain true prosperity.
(NKJV) Mark 4 10 But when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. 11 And He said to them, “To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables, 12 so that ‘ Seeing they may see and not perceive, And hearing they may hear and not understand; Lest they should turn, And their sins be forgiven them.’” 13 And He said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? 14 The sower sows the word. 15 And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts. 16 These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness; 17 and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word’s sake, immediately they stumble. 18 Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word, 19 and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. 20 But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it, and bear fruit: some thirty fold, some sixty, and some a hundred.”