Summary: I want us to think about / Remember / Work towards • Is that We need to put God first again in our lives. • We need to put Him first in our country, / our churches, / our communities and / in each one of our lives. • This kind of a commitment is go
Ecclesiology – theological doctrine concerning the church
Ac 2:43 A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders. Ac 2:44 And all the believers met together constantly and shared everything they had. Ac 2:45 They sold their possessions and shared the proceeds with those in need. Ac 2:46 They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity— Ac 2:47 all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their group those who were being saved.
Now I don't know about you but This is what I consider a great church.
• We see that there is a sense of unity flowing out of the church,
• We see that there is life in this church.
• And While I believe that this is a great church I still don’t believe that it is the perfect church
• And the reason that I say this is because a church is alive and growing should continually grow / take on new forms.
• However, let’s look at the Acts 2 church and see what we can learn for our churches today.
The first thing we notice about this church is that the believers met together constantly.
• They didn’t consider church to be a Sunday only event
• A time where they all got together for an hour or so.
• The text tells us that they met constantly.
• This means that anytime that something was happening at the church
• This group of believers was there.
They would have been there for church work days, potlucks, youth activities, and so much more.
• But, when we read the text I can imagine them not only being there for these events,
• But also just hanging around the church waiting for something to happen.
• The church would have been a place where people gathered.
• These believers put the church at the center of their lives and then worked outward from there.
In today’s society we tend to do the opposite.
• People today have gotten so busy that they put church last instead of first.
• They have adopted the attitude that “If” nothing else is happening
• And “If” I feel like it I may stop by the church for a short amount of time
• Until something better comes along.
We need to reeducate our church families / the communities that we serve.
• Church isn't a place where we go when nothing else is happening,
• Church is the place where we can grow closer to our fellow brothers and sisters,
• While at the same time drawing closer to God Himself.
• The wonderful image of the cross shows both a vertical and horizontal line.
• The vertical is there to show peace and harmony between God in the heavens and us here on Earth.
• However, the horizontal line shows a peace and harmony between us and other believers here on Earth.
This is what the church in Acts displays so beautifully.