Summary: The Old Covenant vs. The New Covenant It’s Sanctuary is Superior. It’s Sacrifice is Superior. It’s Security is Superior.
The Superiority of the New Covenant
B. The priest is better. Heb. 4:14–16
A. The Levitical priests offered up animals in the earthly sanctuary.
B. The Lamb of God offers up Himself in the heavenly sanctuary. Heb. 9:11–14
A. The Old Covenant was faulty.
1. It was written on dead stones. 2 Cor. 3:3
2. Through it no one could be saved. Gal. 2:16
3. It was nailed to the cross. Col. 2:14
B. The New Covenant was faultless.
1. It is written on living hearts.
2. Through it all can be saved. Rom. 10:4
3. It was put in place at the cross. Eph. 2:14–17
Mitchell Skelton, Minister-Midway church of Christ