Summary: Why Jesus CHrist is Superior to anyone,any place, or anything in the history of the world.
The Superiority of The Savior
I The Question.
1. What do you hang your hat on?
a. What do you have all the confidence in the world in? Or who?
2. Since the beginning of time man has searched for the answers in life.
a. Where do I come from?
b. What are we doing here?
c. Where do we go next?
3. From the time we are born until the time we die man is looking for the right answer.
a. We sense with an intense feeling that there is something missing in each of us.
b. Most of the time we struggle with this feeling of incompleteness.
c. Man is like a jigsaw puzzle.
d. When we are born there is a piece missing!
e. That piece leaves a god sized hole in our hearts.
f. A hole planted by our creator.
g. A hole that only He can ever fill.
h. A hole He died to fill.
II The Good News
1. God wants us to know the answers to our questions.
2. Men have tragically sought after the answers to life as if it was a mystery to them.
3. They are still doing it today.
4. Scientists struggle with why they just can¡¦t seem to come up with all the answers.
5. They just can¡¦t make everything fit. (Earth should be decelerating, however it is
ACCELERATING! If life created by Big Bang, then everything should be slowing
down, like a bullet shot from a gun.
6. They¡¦re trying to complete the puzzle with a huge piece missing.
a. God hasn¡¦t left us to grope around blindly in the dark.
b. He hasn¡¦t left us to figure it out on our on.
c. God, The Almighty, Thrice Holy God, has revealed Himself to man.
7. He has left us with all the answers we will ever need concerning life.
8. If He has spoken to us, shouldn¡¦t we at least know what He says?
9. Shouldn¡¦t we be interested in knowing what He says?
a. Lets start by reading our text today taken from Hebrews 1:1-3
(Heb 1:1 KJV) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
(Heb 1:2 KJV) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
(Heb 1:3 KJV) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
I God Speaks THROUGH The Prophets.
1. Verse 1 tells us that God spoke to man through The Prophets.
a. God Spoke at various times.
b. No one human could ever receive the whole counsel of God, so God revealed Himself to
us in small doses.
c. Matthew Henry says there had to be a gradual awakening of the human mind to the
concept of a God who loved us.
d. Like giving a newborn a steak! He might enjoy the flavor of it, but his body
just couldn¡¦t digest it. It is more than he can handle.
e. The Apostle Paul tells the Corinthians in I Corinthians 3 and verse 2:
(1 Cor 3:2 KJV) I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
f. Each Prophet could present only a part of God¡¦s revelation.
2. God Spoke to Adam and revealed that the Messiah would come from woman¡¦s seed.
3. God Spoke to Abraham and revealed that The Savior would come from his seed.
4. God Spoke to Jacob and revealed that The Savior would come through the tribe of Judah.
5. God Spoke to David and revealed that The Savior would be born of His house.
6. God Spoke to Micah and revealed that the child would be born in Bethlehem.
7. God Spoke to Isaiah and revealed that the child would be born of a virgin.
1. Verse one tell us that God also spoke in various manners¡K
a. He spoke to Moses in a great thundering voice, and in a burning bush.
b. He spoke to Elijah in a small still voice.
c. He spoke to Isaiah in a vision.
d. He spoke to Samuel in a dream.
2. As God spoke to these men He revealed more and more of Himself to us.
a. But the revelation was incomplete.
b. We didn¡¦t have the entire picture, or as we have come to call it in today¡¦s society
the whole counsel of God.
c. While what we had was accurate, we just had a piece of the puzzle completed here and a