Summary: Based on these scriptures and topic, I want us to be encouraged through God’s word to be Immovable in our faith.
I have set the Lord continually before me;
Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken..
Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you;
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.
Those who trust in the Lord
Are as Mount Zion, which cannot be moved but abides forever.
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:58
Based on these scriptures and topic, I want us to be encouraged through God’s word to be Immovable in our faith.
* Most things we worry about or fear do not happen. But there are some things that are very real and can cause us to move from our faith in God.
* You have an enemy with a purpose: He wants to use accidents, addictions, abuse, assault, broken relationships, illness, injuries, tragedies, suffering and temptation to
quit walking in faith.
* God does not immune us from the real things of life but he does promise to be with you through all things and provide the strength needed for an immovable faith..
* Paul well acquainted with real life troubles including persecution and eventual martrydom.
* Be steadfast, and immovable.
* Constant theme throughout his writings- by the way most written while in jail.
* To be immovable involves, consistency, persistence, resilience, dependability.
* Maybe you feel like life is like a roller-coaster- up and down according to the circumstances your dealing with. Immovable faith brings stability, steadfastness to your life
*WHAT THINGS MAKE YOU AN IMMOVABLE CHRISTIAN?*
If you and I desire to become steadfast and immovable disciples of the Master,
*We must build appropriately and effectively upon Him as our foundation.* And how?
a. Faith/Trust in God:
* Paul tells us that God with us who can be against us.
* You know who is against you- the enemy- but God is greater than the devil.
* Satan’s plans cannot succeed when we respond with immovable faith. Psalm 125:1
b. Pray everyday and continuously:
* It requires lots of prayer. The disciples prayer- Jesus - your will be done in my life just like you want it to be done in heaven.
* Power in prayer: Bring everything to God in prayer.
* Don’t give up- keep on praying- even when nothing is happening, nothing is working, nothing is changing. On the outside nothing might not be changing but God is
effectively working on you from the inside out. Whether you know it or not- continual steadfast prayer is making you stronger.
* Pray for God’s will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.
* Pray for God’s will to be done in your family, friends, neighborhood, congregation, at work - in your own life just like he wants it in heaven.
c. Read, meditate on the Word of God (Bible) and apply it in your daily living. Psalm 119:104
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
* We can be steadfast, immovable by going deeper into the Word, Faith, Trust, worship, prayer and service.
The Bible uses wave illustrations for life’s real struggle and faith.
Do you long for a deeper faith? A deeper relationship with God?
Are you too often often tossed by the waves of life on the surface- fear, doubt, uncertainty, restlessness, what the future holds?
God calls us to go deeper into the calm water. Waves are still there but you’ve gone deeper in the Word of God, deeper in prayer, trust, fellowship with God and you are
experiencing the calm. These are some of the things when we adhere to and put them in constant practice we can become an immovable Christian, to become a blessing and bring glory to God.