Summary: He WAS away in a manger 2000 years ago. But He was also, "THE WAY" (John 14:6) in the manger!
-THE WAY- In A Manger
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me.
A. GOD’S PURPOSE FOR MANKIND
1. God created man to have fellowship with Him
2. God created man to have relationship with Him
3. But, Adam and Eve failed in the garden.
4. It’s called the fall of man.
B. SIN ENTERED INTO MANKIND
1. Sin sent man running from the presence of God.
2. Judgment followed.
3. Then, death followed judgement.
4. Man’s intimate relationship with God was broken.
5. Still, God intended to be with man.
C. GOD HAD A PLAN
1. Mankind was drowning in Sin
2. But God had a LIFEBOAT!
3. Mankind had no way.
4. But, God had A WAY!
5. This Christmas I want to point your attention to the fact that GOD HAD A *WAY* IN A MANGER
I. HE IS THE WAY -
OUT OF THE PIT OF SIN
A. THE PRODIGAL SON WENT THROUGH THE PIT OF SIN (Luke 15)
1. He took his inheritance and spent it in the bars and saloons
2. He went down to the depths of sin
3. He spent all and was in want
4. Yet, his father still loved him
B. GOD IS WITH YOU IN THE PIT OF SIN
1. When you say,"I will arise and go to my Father."
2. The Lord is already there with you.
3. You cannot escape him
4. God is with you in the PIT OF SIN
a. Knocking on the door of your heart
b. He wants to be your Saviour
c. He wants to forgive your sin
d. He wants to write your name in the Lamb’s Book of Life
e. He wants to make you His child
D. A YOUNG WOMAN DELIVERED FROM HEROIN
1. She had a baby that was born dead because of heroin
2. I witnessed to her afterwards and tried to lead her to Jesus
3. She said, "You don’t know what I’ve done."
4. She had sold her body for drug money
5. She had taken heroin and it had killed her baby.
6. I said,"The apostle Paul murdered Christians and God saved him and called him into the ministry. He can do the same for you.
7. She accepted Jesus and was cleansed that night
8. JESUS DIED FOR SINNERS
E. DO YOU NEED A WAY OUT OF THE PIT OF SIN?
1. God sent a WAY out, 2000 years ago.
2. He was born in a manger just outside Bethlehem.
II. HE IS THE WAY -
OUT OF THE VALLEY OF SORROWS
A. SOME ARE NOT AWARE OF THIS PIT
1. Some of you don’t know about this pit yet
2. To you, life is just one big happy ball game
3. There will come a day when you lose someone that you love more than you love yourself
4. There will come a day when you have heartaches, burdens, and sorrows
5. You will be in the Valley of Sorrows
a. In this world you shall have tribulation
b. Many are the afflictions of the righteous
6. Maybe you are in it today
7. We all face it some time or another
B. GOD WILL BE WITH YOU IN THE VALLEY OF SUFFERING
1. Yea, though you walk through the Valley of Suffering He is there beside you.
2. Is your heart broken today? He is here.
3. Are you suffering today? He is here.
C. HE WILL HELP YOU MAKE IT THROUGH THE VALLEY
1. He will go with you through the valley
2. He will make sure that you make it out on the other side.