Summary: This is an evangelistic message preached at a Christmas outreach event THE HEAVENLY JOY. The coming of Jesus solved man’s greatest need - to know the way, the truth and receive life.
We all have needs. When someone helps us solve that need, we are happy.
• When you are hungry and someone gave you food, or when you fall and someone lift you up. We all had that experience. When the need is great, the joy is greater.
• None of us is a superman. We all need help at some point in time.
When we are a child, we need our parents. When we grow older, we need our teacher. When we are adults, we need friends. When we are old, we need our children’s help.
But there is one great need that all of us must know – our need for God.
• It is man’s greatest need – we need to know God’s love and His will for our life.
• Without Him, life will be empty and unfulfilled.
And God came, at Christmas, to help us.
• Christmas is a happy time because God came to help us.
• Jesus comes to save us from our sin & give us eternal life.
• Luke 2:10-11 (quickview)  The angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord."
At Christmas Jesus came and solve 3 of man’s great problems.
• He shows us THE WAY, teach us THE TRUTH and give us THE LIFE we need.
Because HE CAME, we know THE WAY home to be with God.
• Previously we were like lost sheep, not knowing life’s direction, where are we going.
• I do not know if you’ve ever gotten lost before. You’re worried and anxious. You feel totally helpless, unless you see a sign or meet someone who can help you.
Albert Einstein, the great physicist, was once travelling from Princeton on a train when the conductor came down the aisle, punching the tickets of each passenger.
When he came to Einstein, Einstein reached in his vest pocket. He couldn’t find his ticket, so he reached in his other pocket. It wasn’t there, so he looked in his briefcase but couldn’t find it.
The conductor said, "Dr. Einstein, I know who you are. We all know who you are. I’m sure you bought a ticket. Don’t worry about it." Einstein nodded appreciatively.
The conductor continued down the aisle punching tickets. As he was ready to move to the next car, he turned around and saw the great physicist down on his hands and knees looking under his seat for his ticket.
The conductor rushed back and said, "Dr. Einstein, Dr. Einstein, don’t worry. I know who you are. No problem. You don’t need a ticket. I’m sure you bought one."
Einstein looked at him and said, "Young man, I too know who I am. What I don’t know is where I’m going." Without the ticket, he does not know which station to alight.
Do you know where you are going?
JESUS CAME so that we can know THE WAY back home.
• This world is not our eternal home. We have drifted far from God.
• The Bible calls this sin. We have sinned against God and the penalty of this is separation from God.
• But Jesus came. Not only did He introduce to us God, He paid the price for us to be reconciled to God.
• He took our punishment upon himself and died for our sin.