Summary: A message for Palm Sunday.
THE WICKED HUSBANDMAN
INTRO: Today is Palm Sunday, the week before our Savior was crucified. This parable that Christ used on that week before his crucifixion, is about what was about to take place.
Today, we want to examine the parable, and relate it to our age and Church.
I. PLANTING THE VINEYARD.
A. God planted the vineyard — the Church.
1. He built a hedge about it.
a. "The gates of Hell shall not prevail against it."
2. He let it out to tenants.
B. God sent his servants to the harvest.
1. They were persecuted.
2. He sent more.
C. God sends His Son.
1. Surely they will honor him.
2. They pretended he must die, to save the people from the
Romans (John 11:50).
3. They thought if they could be rid of Jesus, they could do
as they pleased.
II. THE PLOT EXECUTED.
A. The slaying the son.
B. When the owner of the vineyard comes.
1. What will become of them?
2. We easily see the doom of others for their sins, but we
can’t see the results of our own.
C. He will let out the vineyard to others.
1. God gave the opportunity to another group of people.
2. If we fail him, he will do the same thing again.
III. THE REJECTED STONE, BECOMES THE HEAD.
A. Jesus became the head of the Church.
B. The offence that we take at Christ, will not hurt him any more
than we hart the stone that we stumble over.
C. The unbelief of sinners will be their ruin.