Summary: Success and Winning is a product of effort and never occurs by chance, therefore we must be Intentional, we must WILL IT!
“The Will To Win” – Pastor Rob Yanok
Proverbs 21:5 – Says “The Thoughts of the diligent tend only to the plenteous...”
I. Thoughts on Winning
1. Winning isn’t everything; it’s the only thing – Vince Lombardi
2. Winners spend time building dreams, losers spend time criticizing them
3. Nobody remembers who came in second – Charles Shultz
4. I never lost a game, I just ran out of time – Bobby Layne
5. S long as a person doesn’t admit he is defeated, he is not defeated – he’s just a
little behind and isn’t through fighting. – Darrell Royal
6. The Victory will go to the one who doesn’t quit – Van Crouch
7. Theres always room at the top – Daniel Webster
8. Champions are a rare breed. They see beyond the dangers, the risks, the obstacles,
and the hardships. – Lester Sumrall
9. Failure is never final and success is never ending – Robert Schuller
Definition - to finish first in a race, contest, to succeed by striving or effort: to gain the
victory; overcome an adversary: to succeed in reaching (a place, condition, etc.), esp
to gain (a prize, fame, etc.).to be successful in (a game, battle, etc.). to make (one’s way),
as by effort or ability.
1. God Created us to Win
1. Ephesians 2:10 (AMP) Your Mind is the womb for the painting of God’s
2. Psalms 139:14 – “We are fearfully and wonderfully made”
2. How we were Created – Tripartite Being – Body, Soul and Spirit
1. I Thess. 5:23
2. 3 John 2
3. Soul – 5 Components
4. Success and Winning is a product of effort and never occurs by chance,
therefore we must be Intentional, we must WILL IT!
3. We must take the Can’t out of our lives if we are going to Win!
1. 1840 – Anyone traveling at the speed of 30 mph would surely suffocate
2. 1878 – Electric lights are unworthy of serious attention
3. 1901 – No possible combination can be united into a practical machine by
which men shall fly
4. 1926 – This foolish idea of shooting at the moon is basically impossible
5. 1930 – To harness the energy locked up in matter is impossible
•There will always be people who say it can’t be done. That is what the experts said. The
real tragedy is 99% of the people believed them
•Quit thinking about all the reasons why you can’t do something and think of all the
reasons why you can!
•”We are only limited by what we tell ourselves we can or cannot do”
•Each one of us has been told that certain things are not possible and, therefore,
we have limited our performance to agree with what we have been trained to believe.
Those who Win in Life do so by deliberate action to either ignore or discard the
limitations that hinders others.
•Jesus said, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him that believes.” Jesus did not
eliminate anything, he said, ALL THINGS.
4. What is your Excuse?
1. Excuses are the crutches for the uncommitted, and just beyond your
excuse is the effort you need to win!
2. Hebrews 12:2 – Jesus’ mind was on the resurrection
3. Winning over the critical challenges in life is the hallmark of the Christian
way of life
4. Winning is the aggressive focused pursuit and attainment of worthy goals
by functioning with excellence by overcoming obstacles and developing
5. When you win the personal battles of life it will cause you to experience a
higher quality of life.
a. Battles reveals that your enemy fully believes you are
capable of winning! If your enemy believes you can win, so
b. Read thoughts on Adversity from Real Success
II. Understanding The Human Will
A. The Primary element in controlling human behavior change is the Will of
1. The will of man is the thermostat of Life
2. Once the thermostat of life, which is the will, is set, all internal
processes are set in motion to accomplish the will’s desire
3. It is YOUR responsibility to harness your will and direct it so that it
works for your benefit, it sets a new course for your life.
B. The will of man is the most dominate authority over human affairs in the
1. God will not violate man’s will
2. Satan cannot make a person do anything against his will (Sorry, the
devil didn’t make you do it)
C. The Importance of the Will of Man – It controls the following
1. The degree of obedience – It is always a matter of conscience effort on