Summary: Jesus is wonderful!
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace".
WHAT NOT TO BUY YOUR WIFE FOR CHRISTMAS
1. If your wife is a bit heavy, don’t buy clothing that involves sizes. The chances are one in seven thousand that you will get her size right, and your wife will be offended the other 6999 times.
2. Avoid all things useful like blenders, coffee makers, toasters, lawnmowers or screwdriver sets. Your wife will not be happy with these gifts.
3. Don’t buy jewelry. The jewelry your wife wants, you can’t afford. And the jewelry you can afford, she doesn’t want.
4. Finally, don’t spend too much. "How do you think we’re going to afford that?" she’ll ask. But don’t spend too little. She won’t say anything, but she’ll think, "Is that all I’m worth?"
I. His name shall be called wonderful (A miracle, marvelous thing, an astounding thing which causes a feeling or attitude of intense amazement.
When I think about what Jesus has done for me, I don’t know about you but I cant help feeling amazed.
What is so wonderful about Jesus?
1. There IS WONDER IN HIS NAME, Jesus (Jehovah Saves).
-At the mention of His name demons tremble, people get saved, the captives are set free, and people get healed and delivered.
2. Immanuel (God with us)
-There is something wonderful about God stepping down from His thrown and reaching out to an unworthy sinner only for love sake.
"All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: ‘The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel’-- which means, ‘God with us.’"
- In the person of Jesus Christ, God came to earth, wrapped Himself up in Human flesh, came dressed in a baby, dependent on a mother and a father just like me and you.
- Immanuel is Gods promise never to forsake you and be by your side.
-In tough times, through difficulties, when everyone else abandons you, in times of famine, it doesn’t matter. Jesus said; "I will be with you always".
3. Jesus is wonderful because His birth was a miracle.
-God accomplished what no one else will ever accomplish.
4. Wonderful Because of all the miracles He has done.
5. Wonderful because of His resurrection.
6. Wonderful because of His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
7. Wonderful because of everything He accomplished.
II. He shall be called Counselor
counselor, adviser, one who speaks and urges certain directions of actions or thought.
1. He is a Counselor that is always there by your side (YOU DON’T HAVE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT OR CALL HIM ON THE PHONE TO SEE IF HE IS AVAILABLE).
2. Our counselor can see the past, the present and the future. That means that He knows where you came from, He knows where you are at, and He knows where you are heading. (HE ALSO KNOWS HOW TO CHANGE YOUR PATH IF YOU ARE HEADING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION).
-He is the best marriage counselor anyone couple can have, the best psychiatrist,