Summary: We need to understand the difference between the devil, demons and unclean spirits. In this out line we can see there is a difference and also that believers cannot be possessed but can be oppressed and even obsessed. 1John 4:4 Ye are of God, little child
The Working of SATEN in the World Today
We need to understand the difference between the devil, demons and unclean spirits. In this out line we can see there is a difference and also that believers cannot be possessed but can be oppressed and even obsessed. 1John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
Before the study let us understand that:
1. Satan, the devil is the fallen archangel that fell, he was the closest to God. (Ezek 28:14 KJV) Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
2. Demons are the one third of the angels that fell with him.
3. Unclean spirits are the influence or manifestations of the devil and demons.
I. Satan is called by many names.
A. He is the devil.
Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon. .
B. He is the accuser of the brethren.
Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. .
1. He never quits. On preacher said that if you could find one good thing about him is that he is persistent.
C. He is a devourer.
1 Pet 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: .
D. This is what Jesus said he was in: (John 10:10 KJV) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy..........
1. The Devil is the author of every evil thing.
2. He steals
3. He kills
4. He destroys
5. God gives us every good and perfect gift.
6. Satan’s ploys are no match for the Savior’s power.
E. He is the father of all liars, he is a murder and not truth in him.
John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it
1, He places unclean, untrue and false accusations in our minds
2. This is why we need the Word in our hearts and minds.
(Phil 2:5 KJV) Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
II. The great truth is always to remember is we are free.
(John 8:32 KJV) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
(John 8:36 KJV) If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: .
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. .
III. The reason many today that do not believe in the devil is found in:
2 Cor 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. .
A. What happens when a person comes to Christ?
1. Demons leave. Sometimes they are cast out but mostly they leave at conversation without notice.
2. When we force them out with great effort they come back.
Matt 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.