Summary: Ministry Vision Sermon for 2013
"Early in the spring of 1750, in the village of Juffure, four days upriver from the coast of The Gambia, West Africa, a manchild was born to Omoro and Binta. Forcing forth from Binta's strong young body, he was black as she was, and he was bawling."
One day in 1767, while searching for wood to make a drum, four men chased, surrounded, and took him captive. He awoke to find himself blindfolded, gagged, and bound. He and others were put on the slave ship the Lord Ligonier for a three-month Middle Passage voyage to America.
Taken from: “ROOTS: BY ALEX HALEY”
Kunta Kinte (Toby)
- Though he was a slave he never forgot who he was; he didn’t let others define him (including evil people nor slaves who didn’t know who they themselves were)
- He knew he was meant to be free
Luke 4:16-21 (NLT)
18 “The Spirit of the LORD is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, 19 and that the time of the LORD’s favor has come.
1. The state of being approved or held in regard: 2. Excessive kindness , preferential treatment
1. Enjoying personal rights or liberty, a person who is not in slavery
In 2013 God wants to favor you and set you free in these areas so you can help free others:
A. Poverty - He will meet ALL your financial needs & give you excess to do Kingdom work
B. Bondage – He will free you from addictions, attitudes, & even people (bad relationships)
C. Suffering – He will heal your body
D. Oppression – He will deliver your mind and emotions
In short, Christ is THE ANSWER to all of the ills and ailments of the human experience. He not only cares about our Spiritual well being (salvation) but our physical & emotional also.
He wants you and me to be His conduits for change in a hurting world. He wants to make your life an example and then use your testimony and anointing to touch other’s lives!
Chicken George Returns a “George Freeman”
- He was free but those around him were still enslaved, he couldn’t rest until they could enjoy what he himself was now favored to enjoy.
- Emancipation Proclamation (BIBLE) announced allowing all those enslaved to be free!
(EP only good if you knew it on 1/1/1863, therefore “Juneteenth” on 6/19/1865!)