Summary: There’s something majestic and fascinating about a ship, especially the great sailing ships! I see a wonderful example of the “Ship” as compared to the “Church.”
Scripture: Psalms 104:26
Title: “THERE GO THE SHIPS!”
Introduction: There’s something majestic and fascinating about a ship, especially the great sailing ships!
I see a wonderful example of the “Ship” as compared to the “Church.”
Let me explain WHY.
· Its purpose – Noah’s Ark was for the preservation of the people
· The ship is useless unless it is going somewhere – The Ship is going where no man has gone before!
· The ship is designed to stay afloat in all weather conditions
· The ship is dependant on the wind
· The ship’s sails must be set right
· No wind, no movement
I believe the Ship of Zion is poised to make its last trip to its final destination – Heaven!
· The Captain has a ship loaded with treasure more costly that all the money that could ever be thought of.
· “And they shall be mine, says the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spares his own son that serves him.” Mal. 3:17
· People who have been selected by the Captain
· People who have signed on THE SEA
THE CAPTAIN - The conditions of the Sea
· The Captain must set the course - Unseen currents
· The rudder – “And a tiny rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot wants it to go, even though the winds are strong.” James 3:4
· The Captain sets his destination by the Maps
· The Captain keeps a log