Summary: It is very important that we understand how God positions us for His work as well as His blessings. So often,...blessings come wrapped in strange packages.......so we end up not going "There". Are you "there"?
(In producing this proclamation, I was intrinsicaly excited about the implications of that word "there". I gleaned from the interpretations of others, and the insight offered by many to come to the conclusion that there is a real blessing in being positionally exactly where God wants us to be. Any sources have been credited, and no additions or omissions are intended. May God Bless You as You read this message). I’m encouraged and excited about the possibilities of being "THERE"~.
I Kings 17:1-4,8-9, 17
1. And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.
2. And the word of the Lord came unto him, saying,
3. Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.
4. And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.
8. And the word of the Lord came unto him, saying,
9. Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.
And it came to pass after these things, [that] the son of the woman, the mistress of the house, fell sick; and his sickness was so sore, that there was no breath left in him
Elijah was a man whom God chose for critical times. He was a man of passion, (I Kings 19:4), of Prayer….I kings 17:20, Of Power I kings 17:1, Of patience I kings 17 5-7, and a man protected by God. I Kings 18:10.
There was Boldness in His testimony.
Obedience to Divine commands.
Dependence on God’s supplies.
But today, I want to deal with something that has not escaped the Holy Spirit’s revelation. It’s a simple word….but its tremendously important. The word is "THERE"!!!
There occurs 2299 times in 2083 verses
Is it important that we communicate with well defined words? Since we all know what the words mean, why spend time defining them? Every word refers to a concept, which exists in the memory of the listener’s mind. Some concepts are the product of nonverbal experiences. For instance, when we were very young, we saw several kinds of animals, which other people called dogs; this formed our concept of "dog". Since the particular animals we saw differed from those seen by other people, our concept is slightly different from the concepts that other people have. On the other hand, certain concepts are the result of verbal or written explanations by other people. Here the explanations differed, so again our concept is not identical to that of other people. Any concept that we have, therefore, consists of other, previously learned, concepts and these concepts differ from person to person. So you see, no two people can have exactly the same concept, as related to a given word. The experience of science has shown that only when we correctly define all the words we use, then it is possible to come to firm conclusions. In physics, chemistry, and all the other "hard" sciences, this condition is true. Our everyday experiences show that slightly different interpretations of words produce unnecessary confusion and make understanding another person difficult.
THE FOLLOWING IS A QUOTE FROM A PERSONAL COMMUNICATION RECEIVED FROM DR. RICARDO GUIBOURG: "THE SEMANTIC CONTENT OF A WORD, IN A COMMUNICATION PROCESS, DEPENDS ON THE DEGREE OF INTERSECTION BETWEEN THE MEANING GIVEN BY THE SENDER AND THE MEANING GIVEN BY THE RECIEVER LOOK AT “THERE”.
ADV. AT OR IN THAT PLACE: SIT OVER THERE.
1. TO, INTO, OR TOWARD THAT PLACE: WOULDN’T GO THERE AGAIN.
2. AT THAT STAGE, MOMENT, OR POINT: STOP THERE BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY MORE MISTAKES.
3. IN THAT MATTER: I CAN’T AGREE WITH HIM THERE.
1. USED TO INTRODUCE A CLAUSE OR SENTENCE: THERE ARE NUMEROUS ITEMS. THERE MUST BE ANOTHER EXIT.
2. USED TO INDICATE AN UNSPECIFIED PERSON IN DIRECT ADDRESS: HELLO THERE.
1. USED ESPECIALLY FOR EMPHASIS AFTER THE DEMONSTRATIVE PRONOUN THAT OR THOSE, OR AFTER A NOUN MODIFIED BY THE DEMONSTRATIVE ADJECTIVE THAT OR THOSE: THAT PERSON THERE OUGHT TO KNOW THE DIRECTIONS TO TOWN.
2. NONSTANDARD. USED FOR EMPHASIS BETWEEN A DEMONSTRATIVE ADJECTIVE MEANING “THAT” OR “THOSE” AND A NOUN: NO ONE IS SITTING AT THAT THERE TABLE. THEM THERE BEANS OUGHT TO BE PICKED.
THAT PLACE OR POINT: STOPPED AND WENT ON FROM THERE.
USED TO EXPRESS FEELINGS SUCH AS RELIEF, SATISFACTION, SYMPATHY, OR ANGER: THERE, NOW I CAN HAVE SOME PEACE!
THEREFORE, WE MUST GIVE PRECISE DEFINITIONS FOR ALL IMPORTANT CONCEPTS USED IN INVESTIGATING INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS, SOCIETIES, AND ETHICS.