Summary: In this life we tend to look back and looking back gets us no where. This sermon will help the christian stop looking backward and begin looking forward.
There Is Nothing Back There!
Sermon By: Evangelist Robert Osborne
This message I am going to preach today is going to require the help of you and your neighbor. So if you don’t have a neighbor near by then go sit by someone.
Now how many knows when Brother Robert preaches he doesn’t hold anything back so what I say lands where it may. You can accept it or reject it. But if it lines up with the word then you better believe it and receive it and abide by it. And you can’t get mad at the messenger get mad at the sender. So with that said:
Turn around and tell your neighbor I’m gonna help that preacher preach and if whatever he says hits me in the face and it is the word of God then I will have to measure myself up to the word!
17. And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed.
18. And Lot said unto them, Oh, not so, my Lord:
19. Behold now, thy servant hath found grace in thy sight, and thou hast magnified thy mercy, which thou hast shewed unto me in saving my life; and I cannot escape to the mountain, lest some evil take me, and I die:
20. Behold now, this city is near to flee unto, and it is a little one: Oh, let me escape thither, (is it not a little one?) and my soul shall live.
21. And he said unto him, See, I have accepted thee concerning this thing also, that I will not overthrow this city, for the which thou hast spoken.
22. Haste thee, escape thither; for I cannot do any thing till thou be come thither. Therefore the name of the city was called Zoar.
23. The sun was risen upon the earth when Lot entered into Zoar.
24. Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;
25. And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.
26. But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.
The Worse battle we fight is in the mind. Some Christians think that we have a time machine ant that we can go back to the past when we want to and when we return back we think things will be the same, but when we come back our future will be destroyed. If you live in the past you will never be the person you are suppose to be in your future.
(Preach about Lot and his wife)
And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;
• So many times we hinder our future by reflecting on our past.
• The past has nothing to do with your destiny; but your future has everything to do with it.
• The problem with most Christians is they remember too much about the past and forget everything about their future.
• You can’t see your future looking backwards but you can both see and receive it looking forwards.
• Looking at the pas will destroy you; looking at the future will revive you.