Summary: Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice that brings us back into right relationship with God the Father. When Jesus came – everything associated with sacrifices changed.
(This sermon draws from material from various sermons by other ministers some from Sermon Central, the context and flow I have designed)
TITLE: THIS BLOODS FOR YOU
SCRIPTURE: HEBREWS 9:22
We continue our “MARCH TOWARD CALVARY” this morning as we continue to allow the Holy Spirit to minister to our hearts in preparation of “Holy Week” that culminates with the great celebration of Resurrection Sunday. I lift for your consideration this morning the thought – “THIS BLOODS FOR YOU.”
I would venture to suggest, most of us have a hard time with blood – especially outside of our own flesh. Most of us, with the exception of those who are emergency responders or in the medical field, get a bit queasy when we see a little blood.
• It doesn’t have to be Oozing
• It doesn’t have to be Gushing, or Pumping
• Sometimes just a little bit of blood can cause a grown adult to turn pale and drop like a rock
• Yes, Sis. Paulette, I know what you are thinking, there are others that don’t even have to see the blood, just imagined is enough to cause great anxiety
In the New Testament there are 290 references to the love of God - 290 times when God had declared His love for man. But in the same chapters and the same verses there are more than 1,300 references to the atonement – 1,300 assurances that salvation can be had through the blood of Christ.
• Good Works – Prayers - Weeping bitter tears, cannot save you
• It is the Blood of Jesus Christ
• His blood alone that has power to Redeem
• The Sacraments every First Sunday cannot save you
• Neither Baptism - Confirmation or Communion cannot save you
• Church membership - Philanthropy - Morality, has the slightest milligram of saving-power
• There is nothing in heaven or earth
• Nothing in all of eternity but the Blood of Jesus that can save
We have a wonderful connection to what Jesus has done for us. The blood of Jesus connects with us. When you think about it, the human body is one of the greatest creations to ever exist.
• Designed and created by the Creator
• Magnificent in Origin
• Flawless in Operation
• Amazing in study
• And with an eternal soul
• A soul that will live on forever someday
Blood - is the forgotten body system. Blood is an organ that we often do not acknowledge.
• A drop of blood just small enough to fill in the letter "o" in your Bible
• It contains 5 million red cells
• It contains 300,000 platelets
• It contains 7,000 white blood cells
Then there is the pump - the heart.
• It beats on an average of 70 beats per minute or over 100,000 times in 24 hours
• It ejects an average of 6 liters of blood every minute - 144 liters every day - 48,384 liters in a year, or in seventy years 3,386,880 liters
The heart requires no lubrication or maintenance. It never rests. It has an output that varies between .025 horsepower at rest and sleep and drives up to 1 horsepower in moments of stress.
• It’s valves open and close 4,000 to 5,000 times each hour
• Sixty thousand miles of blood vessels is that pathway that the blood is limited to
• Yet, the blood can be ejected from the heart and go to the heart and return in about twenty seconds
• It is blood that carries Oxygen - Nutrients - Waste products - and Fights Infection all at the same time
All of that did not just happen. I agree with David when he wrote PSALM 139:4 -- I WILL PRAISE THEE; FOR I AM FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE, MARVELOUS ARE THY WORKS; AND THAT MY SOUL KNOWETH RIGHT WELL.
• There was no Evolution from Apes
• There was no Big Bang Theory
• There was No Organism that evolved over millions of years
• Lord, you Scoped from the Dust of the Ground
• Breathed the Breath of Life into Man’s Nostrils
• Fearfully and Wonderfully Made
We have learned over the years through Science and Medical Technology that life is indeed dependent on blood. The Bible from its outset has always proved that blood is significant for life. Not so much the physical life but for eternal life.
• It is blood that has the power to cleanse sin
• EXODUS 12:13 -- AND THE BLOOD SHALL BE TO YOU FOR A TOKEN UPON THE HOUSES WHERE YE ARE: AND WHEN I SEE THE BLOOD, I WILL PASS OVER YOU, AND THE PLAGUE SHALL NOT BE UPON YOU TO DESTROY YOU, WHEN I SMITE THE LAND OF EGYPT