Summary: What Does a man Owe God?
"Thou Owest God A Death"
The First part of King Henry the Fourth by William Shakespeare
Act 5, Scene 1
"Why, thou owest God a death."
'Tis not due yet; I would be loath to pay him before
his day. What need I be so forward with him that
calls not on me?....
What does a man owe God?
1. A death - It is appointed unto man once to die, Heb. 9:27
2. a life - ye are not your own, you are bought with a price, 1 Cor. 6:20
3. your vows of service - pay the vow you make, Ps. 76:11
4. Obedience 1 Sam. 15:22
Pay on time
1. Don't sin your self to death, there is a sin unto death, 1 John 5:16
2. Don't waste your life James 4:14
3. do not delay in paying the vow, Eccl 5:5
4. it is better to obey than to sacrifice 1Sam 15:22-24
Don't make God Come Looking
1. Where art thou? Gen. 3:8
2. What did you do with the extra years I gave you Hezekiah? 2 Ki. 20
3. Pay the vow or pay the consequence.
What does a man owe God? Rom 12: