Summary: Why a table?
A. INTRODUCTION: WHEN THE TABLE IS SPREAD
1. You have just come back from straying.
2. You have just come from a dark valley.
3. You have just escaped death shadows.
4. You get the opposite of punishment grace factor.
B. WHY A TABLE?
1. Not a picnic, it is just temporary.
2. Not a T.V. table, it is just for one.
3. Not a hot dog, you eat a snack standing up.
4. Rest. You get to sit down after a long walk.
5. Fellowship. You can enjoy others at the table.
6. Choices. A table means lots of food and lots of different kinds.
C. THOU: WHO PREPAREST THE TABLE?
1. You do it. In the green pastures.
2. You do without. In the valley of shadows.
3. “Give me this day my daily bread.” It is good to know that you have a breadmaker, rather than a warehouse of stale bread.”
4. God is your chief. The Lord does not get an angel, prophet or king to cook for you.
D. HOW DOES THE LORD PREPARE YOUR FOOD?
1. Repeatedly. The word “preparest” is continuous action.
2. Continuously. The Lord prepares food more than once.
3. Daily. The Lord prepares food daily because we get hungry daily.
WHAT FOOD DO WE LIKE?
1. Fresh. Preparest.
2. Ready. Table.
3. Personal. For me.
4. Celebrate with others.
5. Good. A good God prepares good food.
4. What is your favorite meal? _____________________________________________________________________________.
5. “O taste and see that the Lord is good” (Psalm 34:8). “And Jesus said unto them, ‘I am the bread of life: he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst” (John 6:35).
E. IN THE PRESENCE OF MINE ENEMIES.
1. For God. To show your enemies God’s care and provision.
2. For you. To celebrate your deliverance, i.e., V.J. DAY.
3. For your enemies. To demonstrate God’s power.
4. For your peace. They can see you but cannot touch you.
5. For your testimonies. Your table tells others they can have one.
6. The word enemies is plural, remember you have more than one.
F. ANOINTEST MY HEAD.
1. Messiah. The word anoint is the Hebrew Old Testament word for Messiah or Deliverer.
2. Christ. The Greek New Testament word.
THE 3-FOLD ANOINTED OFFICE
Prophet. He is the Word of God.
Priest. He did the work of redemption.
King. He rules us.
3. The anointing has a two-fold meaning:
a. To honor. A respected guest was given the best seat and honored with oil.
b. To heal. Oil was medicine for those who got wounds in the valley.
PRAYING THE 23rd PSALM
Because Thou art my Shepherd,
I commit my needs to Thee.
Provide green pastures for me to lie in,
Lead me beside still waters.
Restore my soul when I’m empty,
Lead me in right paths for Your name’s sake.
Be with me in danger when I walk,
Through the valley of the shadow of death.
Deliver me from evil,
And protect me with Your rod and staff.
Prepare a table to feed me,
So my enemies can see Your provision.
Anoint me with the oil of Your healing,
Let me drink from the full cup of Your provision.
Surely goodness and mercy will always follow me,
And I will live with You forever. Amen.
If you have never really accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, would you do it right now? Do not delay or put it off. If you would like to receive Christ by faith, pray this simple prayer in your heart:
Dear Lord, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I believe Jesus died for my sins on the cross, and rose again the third day. I repent of my sins. By faith I receive the Lord Jesus as my Savior. You promised to save me, and I believe You, because You are God and cannot lie. I believe right now that the Lord Jesus is my personal Savior, and that all my sins are forgiven through His precious blood. I thank You, dear Lord, for saving me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you prayed that prayer, God heard you and saved you. I personally want to welcome you to the family of God and rejoice with you.
All PBC lessons are available online at trbc.org/pbc. Go to www.Hopenow.tv for the current program schedule.
Dr. Towns’ email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Towns’ web address is www.elmertowns.com.