Summary: In this sermon, we learn about three forces of the spiritual realm that will radically cahnge any church that they are a active part of.
Text: Gal 1:6-24
ETS: Paul writes about the Gospel and the effect that it had on his life.
ESS: There are three forces that have the ability to radically affect the church.
OSS: The youth of MVBC will remember these facts.
PQ: What radically affects the church?
I. False Doctrine (vv6-10)
A. It causes us to doubt our salvation (vv6-7a)
1. By causing us to forsake the foundation of our faith (v6a, I Cor 3:11, & Heb 12:2a)
2. By causing us to embrace a false Gospel (vv6b-7a, Romans 14:1-12, &
B. It causes others to be lead to hell (vv8-9)
C. It causes us to become man pleasers (v10)
II. The Gospel of Christ (vv11-20)
A. It is not man made (vv11-12)
1. It was God’s will (v11)
2. It is revealed by Christ (v12 & Romans 10:17)
B. It has the power to break the shackles of sin (vv 13-16a)
1. No matter what you’ve done in the past (v13)
2. No matter how you were raised (v14 & Phil 3:1-11)
3. The transformation is complete and total (vv15-16a & 2 Cor 5:17)
C. It shows us how we ought to live (vv16b-20)
1. By walking with Christ (vv16b-17)
2. By the examples of godly men (vv18-20)
III. Your Personal Testimony (vv21-24)
A. It can win people to Jesus (Acts 25:13-27)
B. It can encourage the church (vv21-24)