Summary: The Gospel is the best gift that can be given to anyone this time of year
Three Gifts We Can Give This Christmas
Intro: Isa 60:6 A multitude of camels shall cover you, the young camels of Midian and Ephah; all those from Sheba shall come. They shall bring gold and frankincense, and shall bring good news, the praises of the LORD.
- Illustration “Christ’s Birth not a splash”
I. The gift of Gold
- Gold represents the divinity of Christ
II. The Gift of Frankincense
- Frankincense represents worship of Christ
- Heb 12:28 Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe,
III. The Gift of Myrrh
- Myrrh represents the death of Christ
- It represents bitterness and suffering
- It was given to Christ on the cross as part of the drink offered him
- Heb_2:9 But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.
- Rev_21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."
Bring this together and we can remember that the greatest gift we can give this Christmas is to tell the story of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords