Summary: Words of salvation
A.The Power of a Few Words (1) Grand Truck R.R. Contest for words at crossings (2) Paid $2500.00 for STOP, LOOK,LISTEN (3) Many lives saved by these words.
B. Three More Important Words: (1) Looking unto Jesus (2) Words of salvation, encouragement, direction (3) Words for daily life.
A. LOOKING UNTO JESUS FOR SALVATION (John 3:14-16)
1. Nicodemus and his search for eternal life.
2. Confused by "Ye must be born again"
3. Jesus makes the new birth plain (a) Uses an Old Testament illustration (b) The fiery serpents (Num 21:4-9) (c) A brass serpent on a pole the remedy (d) Looking in faith brought healing.
4. Jesus died on the cross for sinners.
5.Those who look to Him in faith are born again.
B. LOOKING UNTO JESUS IN TEMPTATION OR TRIAL (Heb 4:14-15)
1. Looking to Jesus in faith begin a battle
(a) The flesh and the Spirit at war (Gal. 5:17)
(b) Forces of evil join the battle (Eph. 5:12-18).
2. The enemy tries to discourage us
(a) Attacks our bodies, minds, families
(b) We are vulnerable when depressed.
3. When you are defeated, look to Jesus.
4. He will drive the clouds away.
C. LOOKING UNTO JESUS WHEN BACKSLIDDEN (Luke 22: 54-62)
1. Backslidden Peter denying Jesus
(a) The Lord looked at Peter
(b) Peter should have looked to Jesus.
2. Your condition when Backslidden
(a) Once on fire... Now a failure
(b) Once compassionate... Now complaining
(c) Once praising... Now pouting
(d) Once faithful... Now fearful.
3. Look to Jesus and be restored.
D. LOOKING UNTO JESUS AS OUR EXAMPLE (1 Peter 2:21-25)
1. Looking at others we're disappointed
(a) A major cause of failure
(b) Others are sure to fail
2. There 's no disappointment in Jesus.
3. Looking to Him will lead to higher ground.
A. Look to Jesus and Leave with New Life.
B. Look to Jesus and Leave Your Burdens Behind.
C. Look to Jesus and Find Him All You Need.