Summary: God who created all things, yet the Bible tells of three things God cannot do. In this sermon outline as we put forth that which our great God is unable to do reveals more of the greatest and love of God. He points to what He has done more than what He ca
THREE THINGS GOD IS UNABLE TO DO!
God who created all things, yet the Bible tells of three things God cannot do. In this sermon outline as we put forth that which our great God is unable to do reveals more of the greatest and love of God. He points to what He has done more than what He cannot do.
I. THE FIRST IMPORTANT THING THAT GOD CANNOT IS THAT HE CANNOT SIN!
(Heb 4:15 KJV) For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
A. He was tempted in every way but He never sinned.
B. We have a wonderful Saviour that knows all about our temptations and weakness.
- Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace,
that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
C. THOUGH HE DID NOT COMMIT SIN, JESUS BECAME SIN FOR US
- 2 Cor 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin;
that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
1. He did this so that we would be righteousness.
2. So we could be saved and become the Children of God.
- John 1:12 (AMP) He came to that which belonged to Him [to His own-His domain, creation, things, world], and they who were His own did not receive Him and did not welcome Him. 12 But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the authority (power, privilege, right) to become the children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name
D. God cannot look upon sin. He is a Holy God. When Jesus became sin for us the Father had to turn His back on Jesus.
1. Jesus became the offering for not the covering, but for the forgiveness of sin.
- Isa 53:12 (KJV) Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
2. Jesus paid the full price for our salvation.
- Mark 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being
interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
3 Sin and the child of God are incompatible. They may occasionally meet; they cannot live together in harmony.
II. THE SECOND THING THAT GOD CANNOT IS THAT HE CANNOT LIE!
- Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he
not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
A. WE CAN LIE BUT NOT GOD
- Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy
sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
"Nothing is rarer than a solitary lie, for lies breed like toads; you cannot tell one but out it comes with a hundred young ones on its back."
III. THE THIRD THING GOD CANNOT DO IS HE CANNOT CHANGE!
- Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob
are not consumed.
- Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.
A. This is wonderful, think of this:
1. He was a Saviour then, He is today and will be tomorrow.
2. His power is still the same today.
3. He was a healing Saviour in Bible days, He still is today.
4. His love is unchanging.
5. HIS WORD IS UNCHANGING.
- Psalms 119:89 Forever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
- Matt 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
B. We can go on and on. When we think of this we want to sing. "How Great Thou Art".
C. Billy Sunday, in a sermon he preached called, "Wonderful," communicated with his congregation the sufficiency of Jesus Christ by saying,
Christ for sickness, Christ for health,
Christ for poverty, Christ for wealth,
Christ for joy, Christ for sorrow,
Christ today and Christ tomorrow;
Christ my Life, and Christ my Light,
Christ for morning, noon and night,
Christ when all around gives way
Christ my everlasting Stay;
Christ my Rest, and Christ my Food