Summary: Jesus is the word that , performs changes, establishes, heals, and delivers. From the beginning, God set it in order that His word would always rule. Now he is in us and we have to carry out his work!
Through The Word You Have A Work!
Sermon By: Evangelist Robert Osborne
17. And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man’s work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
18. Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19. But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20. Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
21. Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
22. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
23. Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
24. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
25. But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
I don’t have anything new to preach to you; nothing flashy or to tickle you ears. All I know to preach to you is Jesus and he makes all things brand new.
20. He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
21. Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
22. And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.
He sent His word, and that word does two things. It healed them and it delivered them from their destructions. This covers everything that can happen to your life. It does not matter if the healing has to be mentally, physically, spiritually, financially, or any other type of healing. He can heal your garden, your home, and your land, whatever needs restoration or restitution. There is only one thing God needs to do to get it done and that is to send His word.
He sent His word and delivered them from their destructions. There are a million ways that you can be destroyed in this life and all it takes for you to have protection is for God to send His word. People today that are going to church to be entertained, or to be in a social clique, or because the preacher does not preach long are robbing themselves of the only ammunition that is a surefire guarantee to bring them hope, help, healing, and deliverance when they need it the most. Where ever everything else has fallen through and failed, He will send His word.
From the beginning, before anything was created, all that existed was the word. God settled it everlastingly that the word was then and always would be God. From the beginning when the word was with God and the word was God, He established the fact that His word would always be the ruling power and force of the whole creation and that He would sustain and keep it by the word.
From the beginning, He settled the fact that no matter what we face in life, no matter what kind of storm, battle, difficulty, sickness, or disease, that He would send His word and whatever the need was that the word would meet it. The only stipulation or requirement He has is that you believe it. Before there ever was a problem, before HE ever made the world, He who knows all things, saw all things. You have got to learn to see in your mind what is being said. That is real faith, faith is not what denomination you belong to you have got to be able to spiritually envision what is being said. You have to believe that he is capable of performing what He says and die before you compromise.
The word transforms, performs changes, establishes, heals, and delivers. From the beginning, God set it in order that His word would always rule.
He said heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matthew 24: 35).
Jesus said the words I speak are spirit and they are life (John 6: 63).
Paul told us that the word of God is quick, powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword (Hebrews 4: 12). You need what God has for you. You need His blessings and His help and He is very present help in a time of trouble (Psalms 46: 1). There is no limit to what the word can do, but you have got to have, in an ongoing way, the instructive power of a constructive person called the word.