Summary: Timothy, like many young people today, faced opposition in his endeavor to live for God. Each chapter of 2 Timothy offers advice from the Apostle Paul to his son in the faith.
· Timothy, like many young people today, was trying to serve God.
· He faced many obstacles in the ministry.
· This was discouraging to him.
· Paul, his spiritual father, wrote to encourage him
· Each chapter of 2 Timothy offers encouragement.
1. STIR UP---1:6
A. Each of us has at least one gift —1 Timothy 4:14
B. If we don’t use it God will take it away
C. Ill} “Parable of Talents—Matthew 25:14-28”
2. STAND UP---2:1-4
A. We are in a battle—Ephesians 6:10-12
B. Our enemy is real—1 Peter 5:8
C. We’re on the winning side!—James 4:7
3. STAY UP---3:12-17
A. You will have opposition—Matthew 10:22
B. You must continue on despite the opposition
C. You will be rewarded—James 1:12
4. SPEAK UP---4:1-5
A. “Be instant in season…”= Even when it’s not popular.
B. How do you react to a dirty joke, etc.?
C. Do people know what you believe?
· It takes guts to live for God!
· It may cost you some family or friends.
· God will bless you for your faithfulness.