Summary: Believers are to make Christ their highest goal and the center of their lives.
To Live is Christ
Tomorrow is Memorial Day. We will be remembering those who served our country. We will be remembering our loved ones who have died. How will you be remembered?
Text, Philippians 1:20-22
I. Make Glorifying Christ Your Highest Goal (1:20)
A. Paul’s earnest intent and hope
1. Paul had a central focus in life.
2. His ultimate goal was to bring glory to Christ through his life and ministry.
B. He would not be put to shame
1. He would not dishonor Christ by his actions.
2. He would not fail in ministry
C. That Christ be exalted
1. By Paul’s obedient service
2. By his faithful labor (1:22)
II. Make Christ Your Center of Life
A. Definition of center of life:
1. What is most important to you.
2. To live is …….work, friends, possession, money, dating/sex, hobbies, entertainment, sports, family etc.
B. Make Christ your center of life
1. Don’t just add Christ to your life
2. You most remove the old center (3:7, 8)
3. Put Christ first in your life.
III. The Radical Results of making Christ the center of your life
A. Inner peace, harmony and joy.
B. The love of Christ (1:8)
C. Righteous living 1:11)
D. Effective ministry
What are you living for?
Is your focus on yourself?
Is your focus on material things?
Is your focus on living for pleasure, fame or futune?
Or is your focus on pleasing Christ?