Summary: Today is Only Day You Have. Today is the tomorrow you planned for yesterday.
1. “This is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it” (Ps. 118:24). Jesus repeated this verse.
a. A day planned. God has a plan for this day. Have you prayed for it? Do you know God’s will for today? What will you do for God?
b. A day provided. God will provide your needs. What is your greatest need? What is your greatest prayer? What is your greatest expectation?
c. A day in His presence. He is in you, with you, protecting you, and guiding you. What will you do about His presence? How will His presence change you?
2. Children know how to live in the moment. Little awareness of yesterday or tomorrow. “Unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven” (Matt. 18:3).
3. Some people live in the past; have little influence on the future.
4. Some people live in the future, have little influence on today.
5. Today is the most important day of your life; it’s all you’ve got.
6. Living by faith is managing your life by purpose every minute.
“I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us” (Phil. 3:12-14, NLT).
What Most We Forget
Failures, Guilt, Sin
1. Yesterday is foundational to all you are.
2. Therefore: learn from it, build on it, do better than it.
3. Next thank God for its influence, your weakness, your strengths, and your direction.
4. You can’t undo yesterday, don’t fight it, and take advantage of it.
5. Those living in yesterday are filled with regrets.
C. TODAY IS THE TOMORROW YOU PLANNED FOR YESTERDAY
1. Be clean, healthy and positive. “But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:7, 9).
2. Be relational, happy and growing. “Don’t let he sun go down on your wrath” (Eph. 4:26, ELT).
3. You can change yourself, create new dreams, and make new life plans.
4. God knows what you ought to do and go. “God ordereth our steps” (Ps. 37:23, ELT).
5. God knows the difference between your needs and wants. “Give us this day our daily bread.” Yesterday’s
bread will be stale when you eat it today.
6. God will give you what you need. “As your day demands, so shall thy strength be” (Deut. 33:25, ELT).
7. Remember, you serve the God of the impossible. “For with God, nothing is impossible” (Luke 1:37).
D. HOW TO MAXIMIZE EVERYDAY
1. Begin with prayer and get your orders from headquarters.