Summary: How to Live in a Better Day: ◆ Look to a Better Day ◆ Start Each Day with God's Perspective ◆ Don't Live in the Past ◆ Get Rid of Bitterness
❶ Last Week Had Bad Days
• Health care summit gets & political divisions
• SeaWorld trainer killed by killer whale
• Chile’s 8.8 earthquake: death toll passes 200
• Hawaii issues tsunami alert with 3 to 8 feet waves, evacuating up to 100,000 residents and tourists
• Powerful 7.3.earthquake strikes off Japan island of Okinawa
• WV under state of emergency with 20" of snow in church parking lot
- Suffering under burdens & problems
- Life may be difficult - but you're alive.
- Live to the maximum possible for you.
- Be all that you can be, within your limitations.
- Life goes on, whether you've suffered a terrible loss or endured a horrific surgery or lost a child.
- Tomorrow is coming and you have to face it, but you don't have to face it alone.
❷ Bible Had Bad Days
- 2 Kings 4:1-7 Widow’s 2 son’s
- 2 Kings 6-7 - Benhadad king of Syria lay sieged to Sameria
- Lk 5:1-9 - Fished all night & have caught nothing
- Jn 9 - Blind from birth at the Pool of Siloam
- Jesus — From the cross to the resurrection
❸ Toward A Better Day
— Be Informed
- We can stand on his promise
- Ps 145:17 - Because of who he is
Ps 145:14 (upholds, raises)
◆ He Does Not Let Go & Restores
(Matt. 11:28-29). Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
- There is no reason to continue bearing burdens too heavy for you.
- He has promised to lighten your load if you will come to Him.
Ps 145:15, 19
◆ Unbelievable Supply
(1 Cor. 2:9) No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him
- Some of God's promises are so spectacular, so astonishing, so thrilling, that images and words fall impossibly short of conveying their full import.
- Paul (Rom. 8:18). I consider that our recent sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us
Ps 145:18, 20
◆ Available to Overcome
(John 11:25, 26) I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in Me will never die
- Jesus conquered death when He arose from the grave after His crucifixion, and now He invites you to join Him in that victory by placing your faith in Him. That's all He asks.
◆ He Will Act
Three actions - Supplying, Hearing, Saving
(Heb. 13:5-6) God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.' So we say with confidence, the Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?
- Salvation means we can never be separated from the love of God (Rom. 8:38-39).
■ Ps 146:21 - My Response
❹ How to Live in a Better Day:
◆ Look to a Better Day.
- Bible tells us a better day is coming
- Storms of life will disappear forever
- All darkness will forever disappear
- Difficulties now make it seem as if life is over, but it isn't.
-Struggles makes life hard; it does not make it hopeless.
◆ Start Each Day with God's Perspective.
- Take the long view
- Place your trust and confidence in Jesus
- Stay there even when your world appears to be falling apart.
◆ Don't Live in the Past.
- When you live in the past, you sacrifice hope.
- Choose to think differently
- Focus on Him
- Choose to redeem your present circumstances.
◆ Get Rid of Bitterness.
- Don't allow unforgiveness and bitterness to steal your joy
- Bitterness is an emotional and spiritual poison that eventually kills its victims.
- People will hurt you,
- Don’t let them destroy you
- Confess your unforgiving and bitter heart to the Lord
- Let Him soften it, restore you