Summary: changing the focus from outward appearance to inward, allowing God to transform us.
1. Taking off the mask
John 4:13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”
15 The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw.”
16 Jesus said to her, “Go, call your husband, and come here.”
17 The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”
Jesus said to her, “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’ 18 for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly.”
19 The woman said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that you are a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.”
• She tried to constantly tried cover up short fall and sins
• Jesus transformed her transformed took off the mast off her that she is hiding behind and pretending to be someone else
• T-shirt : I wish my life was as great as it is on face book
• He started to show her of who she really is and what she can become
• We all need to get rid of the masks
o There are different kinds of masks.
A mask that will stop raising hands to worship
A mask that will keep you from Prayer
• We as the church are called to glorify him and give him praise. Don’t care what they got going on.
• Realise that God know everything about us.
• One thing, Most time it is not a total overall but there is just that one thing that we want fixed
Healing on the Sabbath
3 And He entered the synagogue again, and a man was there who had a withered hand. 2 So they watched Him closely, whether He would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse Him. 3 And He said to the man who had the withered hand, “Step forward.” 4 Then He said to them, “Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they kept silent. 5 And when He had looked around at them with anger, being grieved by the hardness of their hearts, He said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” And he stretched it out, and his hand was restored as whole as the other.[a] 6 Then the Pharisees went out and immediately plotted with the Herodians against Him, how they might destroy Him.
Jesus walked up to during a service and said stretch forth your hand, he had to make a descion.
Never said withered hand he could of stretched out his good hand
• Most of us show our good hand because we
• want everyone to think:
o We are perfect
o All is beautiful
• Don’t want people to see our:
Jesus says show me your withereness, sins, your weakness show me the part that you don’t want anyone else to see.