Summary: Discover the power of the blood of Jesus in your life.
Part II - The Power of His Blood ~ Blood is Thicker Than Water!
I. Text: Revelation 12:7-12
A. There is little that the devil knows about the future. But, one thing’s for sure, he knows his own fate. He knows that his time is short!
B. We overcame him by the blood of the Lamb!
C. Too many are trying to get rid of the blood! But you can’t! There’s nothing but the blood!
D. When You Make Much Out of the Blood, the Blood Will Make Much Out of You!
1. Jesus’ blood bought our redemption! Jesus didn’t die for Himself! He died for you! You see Jesus didn’t need redemption. There was nothing for Him to be redeemed from! He did it for you! It is a gift! A treasure!
2. Aren’t you glad for gifts!? When you receive a gift from someone it’s never because you did something that caused you to earn that gift. If you earned it, it would be a “wage.” A gift is something that someone gives without you doing anything in recompense!
3. There is always more value in a gift…than in something earned! (As when children hand-make cards for you).
II. Why Is His Blood So Important?
A. Aren’t We Supposed to Be Meek? Should we really preach this way?
1. After all, didn’t Jesus say that if we were meek we would inherit the earth?
2. We did inherit the earth…. Twice!!!
(a) God gave Adam dominion over the earth in the Garden. It was his inheritance for being created in God’s image!
(b) However, because of Adam’s sin, he gave the dominion over to Satan.
(c) Then, there had to be a second Adam in order for us to get in right standing with God.
(d) You see God is a law-abiding God. He abides by law. His Word is law! It was unlawful for Him to give dominion to man and then take it back. So, it had to be bought back…through redemption! Through the Blood of Jesus!
(e) Jesus is called the “Son of Man.” The original Greek for “Son of Man” is Bar Adãm. Which is translated “Son of Adam.”
B. The Blood is the Basis for Our Salvation
1. Blood is Life Giving!
2. Rev. 7:13-17 John the Revelator speaks of his vision when he says: “Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, ‘Who are these arrayed in white robes, and were did they come from?’ And I said to him, ‘Sir, you know.’ So he said to me, ‘These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore, they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; for the Lamb Who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
3. Rev. 1:4-6 John said in his introduction of the book of Revelation: “…Grace to you and peace from Him Who is and Who was and Who is to come, and form the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.”