Summary: The contrast of the snow to a Christian’s life
JOB 38:22 "TREASURES OF THE SNOW"
A) Twenty five times the Bible speaks about snow! * 21 in O.T. and 3 in the N.T.
* Five times in the book of Job! * The word "snowy" is found one time in the O.T.
* I love this time of year.
(1) SNOW COMES FROM THE LORD! * Job.37:6 * So does everything else!
* Man on TV says God does not send or control volcanoes, floods, fires, sickness, death, etc.
* Everything is controlled by the Lord!
A) He’s the One that causes the sun to shine! * Job 9:7 "Which commandeth the sun, and it riseth
not; and sealeth up the stars." * Ps.24:1 "The earth is ... & the fullness ... the world, & they ..."
B) He’s the One that controls the wind! * Ps.104:3 "He walketh upon the wings of the wind."
* He spoke this world into existence and He’s the One controlling it all!
* Job 26:7 "He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing."
C) The earth & the universe did not just happen by chance nor by some random accident!
* They did not originate out of nowhere! * They were created by God Himself & He’s in control!
* So here we see that snow comes from the Lord!
(2) SNOW COVERS UGLY SIGHTS!
* Trash piles, wrecked cars, ugly landscape.
A) The blood of Jesus covers ugly sights! * Ps.51:7 "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean:
wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."
* Isa. 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as ......."
A) God can take the dirtiest sinner in the world and make him clean, as white as snow!
* The Apostle Paul! * 1 Tim. 1:15 "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all ......."
B) I was a dirty, rotten sinner, but Jesus changed all that! * I’m a new creation in Christ!
* So, snow comes from the Lord, snow covers ugly sights, and:
(3) SNOW SPEAKS OF PURITY!
* Jesus is pure! * Turn to 1 Peter 2:21-25 and lets read this scripture together!
A) Jesus Christ was the spotless Son of God! * 1 Pet.1:18-19 "Forasmuch as ye know ......."
* We are to be pure! * 1 Pet. 1:15-16 "But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye ......."
* Titus 2:11-14 "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching
us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and .......
Looking for that blessed hope, & the glorious appearing of the great God & our Savior .......
Who gave himself ... that he might redeem us from all ... & purify unto ... zealous of ......."
B) So, snow comes from the Lord, snow covers ugly sights, & snow speaks of purity,
* But there is something else about snow:
(4) SNOW FLAKES ARE DIFFERENT!
* So are we! * Different sizes, shapes, needs, desires! * Not one of us is the same!
A) Still we all have a common need - Jesus Christ! * It matters not who you are!
* You can be big, little, tall, short, dumb, smart, pretty, ugly, famous, not famous,
* Rich, poor, * It don’t matter, we all need Jesus.
B) Snow comes from the Lord, snow covers ugly sights, snow speaks of purity, and last:
(5) SNOW APPEARS THEN DISAPPEARS!
* So do we! * Here awhile then gone!
A) James 4:14 "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the ... For what is your life? ......."
* Prov. 27:1 "Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may ......."
A) Story in Luke 12:16-21 "And he spake a parable unto them saying, The ground of ......."
* If God says to you, "This night thy soul shall be ... " where will your soul appear?
* In heaven or hell? * I hope that you chose Christ and go to heaven!
B) Come to Jesus!