Summary: Learn the distinguishing qualities of a man of genuine faith.
True Faith Manifested through Job
PROPOSITION: Because Christ made you a new creature at salvation, you must demonstrate the qualities of a genuine faith in your daily walk.
I. True faith manifests itself through a godly life. v. 1
A. A man of spiritual integrity. (1a)
1. blameless –without moral blemish
2. upright – “straight” – in the sense of walking a straight path
B. A man of spiritual worship. (1b)
1. “feared God” -- inner faith – awe, reverence, and respect
2. “eschewed evil” – outward sanctity -- turned away from evil
II. True faith maintains a spiritual focus in the midst of prosperity. v. 2-4
A. Job’s Family – Full and Blessed (2, 4)
1. He had 10 children. (2)
2. His children loved each other. (4)
B. Job’s Fortune – Vast and Great (3a)
1. He possessed much material wealth.
2. He was a successful businessman.
C. Job’s Fame – Far and Wide (3b)
1. He was the greatest of all the people in the east (east of Palestine).
2. He was unusually wise with great influence in his community.
III. True faith nurtures a spiritual heritage in your children. v. 5
A. Job’s great concern – the spiritual well-being of his children.
1. He continually consecrated his children.
2. He continually prayed for his children.
B. Job’s great priority -- a commitment to faithfulness
1. He was a faithful provider materially and spiritually.
2. He was a committed believer.