Summary: • How many of us trust God? Why do you trust Him? Are you really sure that you trust Him completely? • As Christians, we must learn what it means to really trust and rely on our Heavenly Father. • There are a great number of people who believe in God
• How many of us trust God? Why do you trust Him? Are you really sure that you trust Him completely?
• As Christians, we must learn what it means to really trust and rely on our Heavenly Father.
• There are a great number of people who believe in God or believe there is a God, but very few actually trust Him. Are you one that really trusts Him?
• To trust God means to be dependent on Him and no one else. This means no longer being independent, but dependant on God for everything! It means not trusting in your job as your source, but trusting God who created that job for you.
• Trust is more than blind faith or belief; it is a hope, conviction, a confidence an expectation and reliance on God for everything.
• This morning, let us look at the Word of God and see what it says about trusting God.
(NKJV) Jeremiah 17 7 “ Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD. 8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.
1) Put your complete trust in Him.
a) Shout…When I trust the Lord Jesus, I will be blessed.
b) Shout…Jesus help me to trust you completely.
(AMP) Psalm 34 8O taste and see that the Lord [our God] is good! Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him.
22The Lord redeems the lives of His servants, and none of those who take refuge and trust in Him shall be condemned or held guilty.
c) When we trust God we will experience continuous victory in our lives.
d) Jesus told us not to worry.
(NKJV) Matthew 6 31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
i) To be blessed is to be empowered to prosper; to be cursed is to be empowered to fail.
ii) Cursed is the person who trusts man.
(NKJV) Jeremiah 17 5 Thus says the LORD: “ Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the LORD.
iii) Ask yourself, have I been trusting God or man?
iv) Our children are watching us to see if we trust God. They will most likely follow Jesus and trust Him if He is real in our lives.
2) Blessings come when you trust the Lord.
a) Shout…Come on blessings, take me over.
b) When we guide our affairs with integrity and keep our hearts fixed on the Lord, our blessings are guaranteed.
c) If we are trusting God for all that we have, we can never fail or fall short!
(NKJV) Psalm 112 1 Praise the LORD! Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, Who delights greatly in His commandments. 2 His descendants will be mighty on earth; The generation of the upright will be blessed. 3 Wealth and riches will be in his house, And his righteousness endures forever. 4 Unto the upright there arises light in the darkness; He is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous. 5 A good man deals graciously and lends; He will guide his affairs with discretion. 6 Surely he will never be shaken; The righteous will be in everlasting remembrance. 7 He will not be afraid of evil tidings; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.