Summary: • Last week we laid down some foundation about trusting God. This week I want to continue in the same vain. • Remember, to trust God means to be dependent on Him and no one else. Don’t look for any other source or outlet. • When we trust in God, we can
• Last week we laid down some foundation about trusting God. This week I want to continue in the same vain.
• Remember, to trust God means to be dependent on Him and no one else. Don’t look for any other source or outlet.
• When we trust in God, we cannot be moved by situations and circumstances.
• Lat week we seen what happen to the rich young ruler, he missed out on the best thing for his life.
• Trusting God leads to a life filled with blessings.
• We must learn to completely lean and rely on Him. Trusting God must be more than a religious saying or cliché; we have to live a life that demonstrates our trust in Him.
• This morning lets look to the Word of God for the answers.
(NKJV) Jeremiah 17 7 “ Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD. 8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.
1) Those who trust the Lord are empowered to succeed.
a) Shout… When I choose to trust the Lord, I become empowered to succeed.
b) Shout…I won’t look to my right or my left, but my focus will be on the Lord Jesus.
(NKJV) Proverbs 11 28 He who trusts in his riches will fall, But the righteous will flourish like foliage.
c) Trusting in man brings a curse (Jeremiah 17:5).
i) To be cursed is to be empowered to fail; to be blessed is to be empowered to succeed.
d) Those that trust God are like Mount Zion; we cannot be moved
(NKJV) Psalm 125 1 Those who trust in the LORD Are like Mount Zion, Which cannot be moved, but abides forever. 2 As the mountains surround Jerusalem, So the LORD surrounds His people From this time forth and forever. 3 For the scepter of wickedness shall not rest On the land allotted to the righteous, Lest the righteous reach out their hands to iniquity.
i) The wicked will not have authority over the Believer who knows their authority.
(1) It’s time to take a stand for Jesus!
ii) The enemy will try to get you off course, but will fail. God will surround us with His protection and love.
(1) This is for those that TRUST HIM!
2) Don’t trust riches more than God.
a) Shout… I will trust God over riches. Money has no hold on me!
b) Last week we looked at the rich young ruler. We see that he made a choice to pick possessions over Godly position. (Mark 10:17-24).
i) This man turned down the opportunity to become one of Jesus’ disciples because he did not want to lose his possessions.
c) When we trust God, we will not fear. Our hearts will be established in His promises.
d) Many people trust their money or possessions more than God.
i) This morning are there things in your life you trust more than God?
ii) Give them to God this morning and walk away free today!
e) We must not trust in uncertain riches.
(NKJV) 1 Timothy 6 17 Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy.