Summary: Succes is certain if we trust the Lord with His guidence.
Whatever goals and accomplishments we have set in our lives we will only realize them when we trust in God’s guidance.
As we look at the road ahead, we see the obstacles, bumps and turns up ahead that make us impatient. Paul said;
"LET US RUN WITH PATIENCE THE RACE THAT IS SET BEFORE US".
With patiance means;
1) Don’t try to do it all at once.
2) Don’t get ahead of God.
3) Notice that the work is before us. No matter how much you have done or how much has been accomplished we will never arrive till we meet Jesus. There is always something to learn and something to do.
We can expect to find confusing turns along the way and things that will test our faith and commitment to God. This is normal, if you have determined to serve Him. The devil is going to test your faith and commitment. The same thing happened to Job. He was blameless and upright and feared the Lord, this is why the devil wanted to mess with him.
The devil doesn’t have a need to mess with someone that is unrighteous and doing his dirty work. But he does have a need to mess with those who want to do God’s will.
I can assure you that there will be hills to climb and bribges to cross !!!
HOW ARE WE GOING TO DO IT?
Today’s text tells us;
"TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL THINE HEART; AND LEAN NOT UNTO THINE OWN UNDERSTANDING. IN ALL THY WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, AND HE SHALL DIRECT THY PATH".
- This is a battlecrie for the tough times ahead.
- A comfort and strengh in times of uncertainty.
- A roadmap. When you cant see the obstacles in the way, GOD DOES !!!
GOD WILL DIRECT YOUR PATH !!!
- In every decision, every action, every development of our lives.
- God promised in His word that; HE WILL NEVER LEAVE US OR FORSAKE US.
- HE WILL ALWAYS INSTRUCT US AND TEACH US IN THE WAY THAT WE SHOULD GO (PSALM 32:8).
- THE SPIRIT WILL GUIDE US UNTO ALL TRUTH (JOHN 16:13).
There is three conditions in today’s text that determine His guidance;
1. "IN ALL THY WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM" (v.6)
- This means in every step of your journey.
- In the day
- At night
- At work
- At play
- In everything you do.
2. "TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL THINE HEART" (V.5).
- Often we only turn to Him when there is no one else to turn to. But how about making Him our first resource, before turning to anyone else.
3. "LEAN NOT UNTO THINE OWN UNDERSTANDING"(V.5).
- Dont depend on yourself or what you know but depend on God’s word.
- Accept the fact that without God you are not enough to do what He requires.