Summary: This chapter talks about the magnificent prayer of Daniel to God.
Understand Your truth….
Daniel 9:13"As it is written in the Law of Moses, all this disaster has come upon us; yet we have not made our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities and understand Your truth.”
This chapter talks about the magnificent prayer of Daniel to God. Friend, such tear-drenched-passionate-prayer comes out through a sincere-fervent-pursuit of God! When Daniel comes to understand the sufferings that would come upon the children of God due to their disobedience, he desperately gets on his knees and prays ardently. Look how Daniel Prays: ‘We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments..’ (verse 5) Such should be our prayer! Instead of crying, “God, where are you?” or “Why do you delay?” let us do some self examination of our life. I am going to speak to each one of you today and let God expose the sins!
There are many Christians who have got themselves entangled with unbelievers and are living a dual life. Let me clearly warn here, problems would very soon arise, sooner or later! There was one girl that I know of, who was a strong believer and she got married to a strong hindu. I wonder how! Well, they immediately got a kid and she has very well adjusted to accompanying her husband to hindu temples and he in turn comes along to the church. She has also adorned her forehead with the traditional ‘bindi’ and lives a dual life. Things look great on the surface, but let me warn, this is bubble peace and would burst one day. God’s wrath would surely come over them! The girl had violated the laws of God and NOW let me quote the words of the Lord, read……….
• Ezekiel 20:7”Each of you, throw away the abominations which are before his eyes, and do not defile yourselves with the idols of Egypt. I am the LORD your God.'
• But they rebelled against Me and would not obey Me. They did not all cast away the abominations which were before their eyes, nor did they forsake the idols of Egypt. Then I said, 'I will pour out My fury on them and fulfill My anger against them in the midst of the land of Egypt.'
Did you read His Words? A Christian family who had got their children married to idol worshippers, now are suffering because their grandson though professionally qualified has stopped work and also has a mental problem. The entire family are shattered! They should humbly repent for the atrocious sin committed and pray to the Lord for forgiveness.
There are many youngsters out there playing with God and His Word. Be warned! You would be punished. Daniel prayed, “that we might turn from our iniquities and understand Your truth. Yes, we got to understand His truth!
• Marrying an unbeliever would bring disaster in your life, beware!
• Unrighteous living would crash one day, that includes false claims, software piracy, lie, theft etc.
• Spiritual barrenness would also lead to chaos and despair
Read the Bible to understand HIS TRUTH!