Summary: It is easy to grow and develop unbelieving believers. Don’t be blinded, but move in understanding.
ARE WE UNBELIEVING BELIEVERS?
By Wade Martin Hughes, Sr. Kyfingers@aol.com
Let’s start with some humor:
1. Have you ever noticed that we put worthless junk in our garages and park our cars worth thousands of dollars outside in the weather?
2. Have you ever noticed that we buy hot dogs ten in a package, but the hot dog buns come in a package of eight?
3. Have you ever noticed that we drive up TO ATM machines with Braille lettering?
4. Have you ever noticed that we call what a medical doctor does --- "PRACTICE?"
5. Have you ever noticed that we have lemon juice made of artificial flavoring, but our dishwashing detergent has real lemon?
6. Have you ever noticed that we have brokers investing our money?
7. Have you ever noticed that we don’t have psychics winning the lottery? Wonder why?
8. Have you ever noticed that we call what our government leaders do POLITICS. POLY means many, tics are blood sucking creatures?
9. Have you ever noticed that people load up their plates to running over at the buffet table and then they drink diet cokes?
10. Have you ever noticed that you have to walk to the back of the drug store to get your pills, but the cigarettes are always up front?
11. Have you ever noticed that we have a quick police escort for funerals, but you are on your own when you get married?
12. Have you ever noticed that they say flying is so safe, but they call the buildings at the airport "TERMINALS?"
13. Have you ever noticed that we park in the driveway, and drive on the parkway?
14. Have you ever noticed that we have the slowest traffic of the day, and call it rush hour?
15. Why do you need sterilized needles for lethal injections?
Do we really believe? What do we really believe?
OUR ENEMY IS GOING AROUND BLINDING THE LOST, BLINDING THE BACKSLIDDEN AND BLINDING MANY SIDELINE-- ARM CHAIR QUARTER BACK CHRISTIANS SO TO KEEP US FROM UNDERSTANDING WHAT GOD DESIRES.
WE MUST SEEK THE LORD TO BRING HIS WORD WITH HIS POWER TO THIS PLACE SO WE MIGHT HEAR THE LIVING WORD OF A LIVING GOD.
ARE WE UNBELIEVING BELIEVERS?
1. LET US FOCUS ON SPIRITUAL BLINDNESS!
A. IF WE WALK IN DARKNESS WE HAVE BLINDED MINDS,
WE NEED THE LIGHT TO EXPOSE OUR WEAKNESSES AND FAILURES!
B. In the Old Testament there was a veil of the unknown between God and His people. That veil was rent from the top to the bottom, from God to man.
C. BUT LACK OF THE WORD, THE LACK OF FAITH, AND THE PRESENCE OF WORRY RESTORES A SPIRITUAL VEIL TO OUR HEARTS.
Matthew 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent...
D. IN LUKE 15 THE LADY LOST ONE OF HER TEN COINS.
SHE GOT A CANDLE, THE LIGHT EXPOSED THE DIRT, AND SHE CLEANED THE HOUSE, AND FOUND HER COIN.
2. BLINDED MINDS?
A. THERE ARE NONE SO BLIND AS THOSE THAT REFUSE TO OPEN THEIR EYES!
II Corinthians 4:3 But if the Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
B. We need the Holy Spirit to do His office work and convict God’s people.
3. THIS GOSPEL IS PERSONAL AND MUST BE CLAIMED!
A. When I was 15 years old I was deeply in love with my precious sweet heart.
We would write each other love notes and exchange them. I loved reading her notes to me.
B. My Dad was the pastor of the church, and I played the guitar on the worship team. I would save all my love notes and hide them in the back of my guitar
amp. When I would be at church alone I would get them out and read my love notes.
C. One day we got to church a little late and a teenage friend had my love notes out and he was reading them to other people. He would read them and laugh.
D. WHY DID HE READ MY LOVE NOTES AND LAUGH?
I NEVER LAUGHED WHEN I READ THEM?
WELL, THE LOVE NOTES WERE PERSONAL, TO ME, THEY WERE NOT TO HIM.
4. THE BIBLE CONTAINS WORDS YOU CAN USE IF YOU CHOOSE!
A. BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER THE BIBLE IS A PERSON TO PERSON BOOK, IT IS GOD TALKING TO HIS CHILDREN.
B. A carnal mind can read the words of the Bible and glean great wisdom, but to really understand and receive God’s plan for you, you need to be an