Summary: Children are entitled to be filled with the Holy Spirit
Memory Verse: “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy …”
God says in the bibles that, it shall come to pass that He will pour out His Spirit upon all flesh – Joel 2:28-29.
Halleluiah! When God says He will pour out His Spirit upon all flesh, He means all people. Thank God kids, you are a part of all people; you are a person. As a matter of fact, Joel 2:28 clearly states sons and daughters. I congratulate you because you are a son or daughter upon whom God wants to pour His Spirit. All parents should be excited that their children are eligible to receive the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Awesome!
So who is the Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit is the 3rd person in God. Have you ever heard of God the Father, The Son, & The Holy Spirit? So, the Holy Spirit is the spirit of God.
Illustration about God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit being one:
• The Egg has a shell, the white part and the yoke – all of them are still part of what is called egg. Right? This is how the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are one
• Water is seen in its liquid form; in ice cube and in steam form (when we shower with hot water). All of these forms still represent water. (Kristin Charles, “Who Is the Holy Spirit? Sunday School Lessons for Children,” Ministry To Children, November 1, 2010, https://ministry-to-children.com/who-is-the-holy-spirit/.)
Why do I need the Holy Spirit?
• So you can have a helper who will help you do the right thing (Gal. 5:22-23)
• Pray when you are weak (Rom. 8:26-27)
• Tell (convict) you when you sinning (John 16:8)
• Remind you of what Jesus has taught you (John 14:26)
• Empower you to tell about Jesus (Acts 1:8)
Where will the Holy Spirit live when God pours it upon me?
He will live inside of you (John 14:16-17)
Is it possible for young people to receive the Holy Spirit?
Yes, the book of Acts 21:9 says the 4 children of Evangelist Philip were prophets.
I saw one boy in Nigeria, about 7 years of age, who was reading Psalms 107 & 119 off head, preaching and praying for people. This is the work of the Holy Spirit. If God pours His Holy Spirit upon you, you will do great things for God and your life will be meaningful.
Now pray that God will pour His Holy Spirit upon you as He promised.