Summary: Through out the entire bible we see the impact that vows have on the lives of believers whether positive or negative
UNDERSTANDING THE SPIRITUAL IMPACT OF A SPOKEN VOW
Matthew 12:36-37 ESV
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
(READ WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT VOWS)
The bible speaks about VOWS and the spiritual impact that a VOW has on our lives!
A Vow can serve to BLESS and it can serve to CURSE
A VOW IS LEGALLY BINDING - IN THE SPIRIT REALM
AND CANNOT BE BROKEN. - UNLESS it was a SINFUL PERSONAL VOW and this would require genuine repentance and the application of the blood of Jesus Christ against satanic enforcements.
- There are those that have pronounced vows over their lives in a time of anger, that the enemy has used to keep you bound in certain areas-
- And many do not realize why they have not been able to move forward.
- Some people are facing things in their lives that are continuously ending up in a dead end. Not being able to progress. And do not realize in can be traced back to a spoken vow.
THREE AREAS WHERE VOWS ARE ENTERED INTO OR MADE:
1. In your Personal Life (this can affect, personal accompliments, achievements, emotionally, mentally etc.
2. In a Marriage Relationship - ( These are your Marriage vows made at an Altar or in the presence of witnesses.
3. Promises made to God - in times of desperation or when you want something badly. Whether you thought it through or not...
A PERSONAL VOW:
This Is the promise you make to yourself, or in the presence of others.
Some people make these personal vows without knowing it
for example they will say:
"I will never get over the pain of what you did to me"
"I will always have this struggle in my life"
"I will never be free from this sin"
"Every church I go to I have problems with the leadership"
"I will never forgive this person for what they did to me."
"I will always be broke"
These are personal vows made to YOURSELF - The devil uses our words as a binding and legal contract in the spirit. Why does he feel he has the right to do so? - Because you are violating Gods word - regarding IDLE speech.
…35"The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil. 36"But I tell you that every careless/empty/idle word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. 37"For by your words you will be justified/acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.
New International Version
All you need to say is simply 'Yes' or 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the devil.
WE NEED TO PRAY AND BREAK EVERY DESTRUCTIVE PERSONAL VOWS WE HAVE MADE. -
(Pause at this time and lead the people to Pray Now to break all destructive personal vows made..)
Let us continue - VOWS MADE IN MARRIAGE!
נֶדֶר neder, neh'-der; or נֵדֶר nêder; from H5087; a promise (to God); also (concretely) a thing promised:—vow(-ed).
The bible literally says that God was a witness at our Wedding. When we pronounced our vows in the presence of friends and family - It was not only they that were present BUT GOD SAYS IN HIS WORD THAT HE WAS PRESENT AT OUR CEREMONY!