How many of you understand that un-forgiveness will short-circuit God’s Blessings in your life?
Regardless who did it. You owe it to Jesus to forgive…
Say that; I owe it to Jesus to forgive.
Don’t bury the hatchet and leave the handle sticking out!
To share boundless forgiveness means that we must get beyond....
1. God’s Forgiveness Of You
Note..... Psalm 32:1
Secondly , understand that forgiveness isn’t easy.
2. The barriers of an Unforgiving Heart
In Identifying un-forgiveness there are always three signs.
1) Revenge...which says, "I’m going to get even!"
2) Resentment...which says, "I am going to stay angry."
3) Remembering...which says, "I’ll never forget!"
3. Our Attitude Concerning Forgiveness
Before you say, "I can’t forgive" or more truthfully, "I won’t forgive", please consider a few things.
1. The Consequences of an Unforgiving Spirit
Psm.66: 18 says; If I regard wickedness in my heart God will not hear me.
Remember the unmerciful servant? how the parable ended....
Then in verse 35, Jesus applies the principle directly to us. Here we have a grim warning.
Matthew 18:34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
Matthew 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
Jesus wants us to understand that refusing to forgive opens the door to inner torment.
The word "tormentors" is very important. It means to be in great pain, to be in agony.
The warning is that those who refuse to forgive will be turned over to tortuous thoughts, feelings of misery, and agonizing unrest within.
Some of you here this morning are in torment.
But I want you to understand beyond torment un-forgiveness has a three fold affect.
The final effect of unforgiveness
1. Disease -
2. Death -
3. Damnation -
You say Pastor how do I know if I have unforgivnesses?
You need to do 4 things
1. Ask God to open your eyes of un-forgiveness.
2. Seek genuine forgiveness from those individuals.
3. Ask for God’s grace to help you forgive.
4. Ask God to forgive you, and cleanse you from the pain, and sorrow.
Is there someone that you need to forgive?
Do you need God’s forgiveness?