Summary: This is about the blessed unity of the People of God and expressed a sense of serenity here as David describes God’s People... Achieve Unity = Achieve Blessing When we walk in unity we can accomplish supernatural achievements. We can walk on Water toget
Sermon: Unite To Ignite
Text: Psalm 133 (1-3) [entire chapter]
A Song of Ascents. Of David.
1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brethren to dwell together in unity!
2 It is like the precious oil upon the head,
Running down on the beard,
The beard of Aaron,
Running down on the edge of his garments.
3 It is like the dew of Hermon,
Descending upon the mountains of Zion;
For there the LORD commanded the blessing—
• This is about the blessed unity of the People of God and expressed a sense of serenity here as David describes God’s People.
• This is a song of ascents (written by David)
• Ascent means to climb, to move upward, rise to importance and become successful and powerful
Achieve Unity = Achieve Blessing
When we walk in unity we can accomplish supernatural achievements. We can walk on Water together.
1. The oil – symbol of God’s Blessing and expression of holy office
2. v.2 paints a picture of the oil being a large amount (blessing)
3. v.3 “like the dew of Hermon”
• a high mountain to the North of Israel
• this mountain received very large amounts of water
• it seemed to be a source of moisture (provision) for the land below
this is a visual example of how (in a similar way) the blessings of God flow to His People who are in unity and are obedient to Him.
1. “the blessing”
2. God is FOR the good of His People in this life and the life that is to come
3. The people of Israel rarely achieved the level of unity or level of blessing noted here----
We too carry on this tradition. It is time we rise up to the occasion and put our faith in Him and be the portrait of The Kingdom of God----the ultimate---who God desires us to be.
THERE IS A CALL FOR UNITY!
1. Unity is founded in relationship
2. God places the highest value on unity.
3. There is complete unity in the Godhead.
4. When the people of God come together in unity behind a common vision or goal it is a beautiful and powerful thing.
5. Psalm 133 gives a beautiful description of the kind of unity which only comes as a gift from God.
Unity: being one; combining into one; something that is whole; harmony
The enemy know that if he can keep us in an uproar…up in arms against each other that we will be powerless against him…
It is when we come together in one mind and one accord in Jesus that we will have power and will be able to move in Spirit and Truth toward using our spiritual authority that God gave us---that same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead---dwelling within us to pierce the darkness of sin
Unity is the key to seeing souls saved…
Unity is the key to living in The Power of God
Unity is the key to being used by God…
God hates confusion and when we are not unified we cause confusion among our groups/church and then that is when we fight against what we believe in…The Kingdom of God is weakened by discord…
We must get serious and pray and speak against discord and confusion
We must fix our focus upon Jesus as our example and put His principles into action
Love one another as ourselves…love our neighbor as ourselves----because Jesus said so!