Summary: An understanding of what happens when the Lord builds the house: church, family structure, business.
Title: Unless the Lord Builds the House
Theme: To show the importance of the Lord being in and of the house.
Text: Psalms 127:1-5
Proverbs 27:12 A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself; The simple pass on and are punished.
12 The prudent see danger and take refuge,
but the simple keep going and suffer for it.
Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
Psalms 127:1-5 Unless the LORD builds the house,
Mat 16:15-19 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" (16) Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." (17) Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. (18) "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. (19) "And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
Personal/Family and Business/Employment
Col 3:17-25 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, you are God's building.
1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? (20) For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.
Acts 17:24 "God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.
(18) Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. (19) Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them. (20) Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord. (21) Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.
Not giving Godly instruction
Talking one way but living the other way
Not showing Godly love
“And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.” (Deuteronomy 6:6-7).
(3) Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Children are a blessing from the Lord. Sometimes they seem to be hindrances, but look at the legacy God has given us to fulfill.
Proverbs 22:6 says train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it. So as long as you do what you are required to do everything will be alright.
Children learn by example. Instead of you saying do as I say. You should be examples for your children, or any children to follow. Children should be and are designed to be a blessing.
(4) Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth.
Children as arrows – we are their directors. We decide where they will go by our influence.
(5) Happy is the man who has his quiver (the place where the arrows are held) full of them;
(22) Bondservants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in sincerity of heart, fearing God. (23) And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, (24) knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. (25) But he who does wrong will be repaid for what he has done, and there is no partiality.
FOUR THINGS WE NEED TO REMEMBER.
1. IT TAKES LONGER THAN YOU PLANNED.
2. IT COST MORE THAN YOU FIGURED.
3. IT IS MESSIER THAN YOU ANTICIPATED.
4. IT REQUIRES GREATER DETERMINATION AND MORE PATIENTS THAN YOU EXPECTED.
They labor in vain who build it;