Summary: You can be extraordinary. You don’t have to stay ordinary. God has plans to move you from an ordinary live to an extraordinary life. “I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD..."
- Is it just me or do you ever feel not good enough?
- Do you ever feel like maybe you weren’t brought here to do something extraordinary?
- That you were designed to live an ordinary life?
- Just an ordinary person living an ordinary life; nothing fancy?
- I feel that way sometimes.
- Let me tell you something before I get started.
- 1 Peter 5:8 says, “Be careful, watch out for attacks from the Devil your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour.”
- There are three things that the devil loves to do to people from the day they are born until the day they die.
1) He wants to STEAL your JOY
- He wants to make you the most miserable person you can be.
- He wants you to loose sight of the happiness that God had planned for you before you were even born.
2) He wants to KILL your WITNESS
- What does that mean?
- He wants to make you ineffective today.
- You’re a Christian and you want to live for God but you are scared and when someone asks you about Jesus, you don’t know what to say.
- He kills your ability and sensitivity to witness.
3) He wants to DESTROY your LIFE
- This is easy for the enemy.
- The enemy, the devil, will do anything to make your life a “living hell.”
- It’s easy for him because most of us let him do it.
- Matthew 7:13-14 says, “You can enter God’s kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad and its gate is wide for the many who choose the easy way. But the gateway to life is small and the road is narrow and only a few ever find it.”
Ice Cream and Butter
- The thing about this is that the world offers a pretty picture.
- But that’s all it is, a picture. And image of a false truth.
Let me give you an example:
- Say you love ice cream. You are so obsessed. *Kind of like Melissa and me with the show Lost.
- Imagine that you love ice cream so much that instead of wanting a normal car when you grow up, you want an Ice Cream Truck.
- And you don’t want a normal house; you want an Ice Cream Palace.
- You don’t want a normal bike; you want an ice cream bike.
- You get the picture right.
- But what the enemy does, what the world does, they say, “Hey, I have a nice bowl of your favorite ice cream.”
- You’re all excited because you love ice cream, so you grab the bowl and take a HUGE bite.
- But it’s not ice cream…its butter.
- The enemy wants to kill, steal and destroy your life.
- 2 Corinthians 4:4 says, “Satan, the god of this evil world has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe, so they’re unable to see the glorious light of the good news that is shining upon them.”
- That’s his goal.
- HE WANTS YOU TO FEEL ORDINARY!
UNLIKELY HEROES – Play Video*
- One of my favorite stories is that of Jonathon and his armor-bearer.
- Most armor-bearers were in their early teens, like many of you here.
- Their job was just like it sounds; to carry the weight of the soldier’s armor and to assist whenever he needed it.
- Without telling anyone, Jonathon gets this hair to go and fight this massive army all by himself. Well, he decides to take his armor-bearer along too.