Summary: Joseph Said: 1. Yes To All His Responsibilities 2. No To Temptation 3. No To Depression & Despair 4. Yes to God’s Control In His Life
Sun. July 4/93 Gen. 39
- They called her the "Millionaire’s Special".
- Four city blocks long. Eleven stories high.
- Powered by triple screws.
- Protected by the latest most ingenious safety devices.
- Luxurious and beautiful beyond words,
- She caught the fancy of the world.
"Her name was the Titanic".
- Today the most expensive movie every made
- The 3 most written subjects
1. Christ 2. Civil War 3. Titanic
- On April 10, 1912 she slipped out of Southampton on her maiden voyage to New York .
- "God Himself could not sink this ship" boasted a deck hand.
- The men who built the ship, the civilized world, the credulous public
All believed and boasted that the ship was unsinkable.
- But God was not mocked.
- Less than 5 days later she went down in 12,000 feet of icy water,
- 3000 feet of her hull ripped open by a massive iceberg.
- It is said that when the captain gave the order to abandon ship, many passengers simply could not believe that the Titanic could possibly sink
- Many refused to board the lifeboats.
- The crew was almost criminally complacent.
- So 1,502 men, women, & children plunged into the depths
Many people are hitting ice bergs that sink them
Financial - Physical - Family - Marital - Personal
- Joseph life had Good News - Bad News -- Ups & Downs
- Joseph was not a THERROMATOR Christian
He was a THERMOSTAT Christian
- Joseph said Yes to 2 things
- And No to 2 things
1. Said Yes To All His Responsibilities
- People are not saying YES to their responsibilities
- Home - Church - Job - Community
- Not a YES man to everything but Yes to the priorities
- Say no to Quitting - Failure - To Temptation
- Joseph true to his responsibilities
2. Say No To Temptation
- v.7- 10
- 3 out of 4 husbands are committing adultery
- Joseph did not allow temptation to take hold of him
- Far from home no one knew him but he said no to temptation
LESSONS OF SOWING & Reaping
1. Reap exactly what you sow
2. Reap in a different season than you sow.
3. Reap allot more than you sow
4. You can’t do anything about what you have sown in the past but you have a new day to start again
3. Joseph Said No To Depression & Despair
- Joseph had every reason for depression and despair:
A. Family rejection
B. Relocation problem
* most who went down to Egypt went down Sp.
C. Had a Job problem
* Not for doing the wrong thing but for doing the right thing
D. Had a prison record
- Would you not agree that he had every reason for despair & depression?
How Do You Say No To These Problems?
+ He captured His environment instead of His environment capturing Him
- What can I do to make this better?
- Most people do not see a brighter future
* 60’s lost their Innocence
* 70’s lost Authority
* 80’s lost Love
* 90’s lost Hope
+ He focused on those who needed Him
- He had a good attitude
4. Joseph Said Yes to God’s Control In His Life
- Note the phrase "The Lord was with Joseph
- Both in the bad times and the good times
- Note the beginning and the end of the chapter.
- Joseph loved the Lord