Summary: Many believe the book of Romans to be a complicated book of the Bible. It is simply Christianity 101. This series of messages is to "Unveil The Gospel Of Christ."
(A) THE PLAN OF THE GOSPEL
(B) THE NEED OF THE GOSPEL
(C) THE WAY TO THE GOSPEL
(D) THE BENEFIT OF THE GOSPEL
E) THE REJECTION OF THE GOSPEL (9:1-11:36)
1. ISRAEL’S BLATANT REJECTION OF THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST(9:1-5)
Israel refused to accept the fulfillment of the prophecies that a poor carpenter could be their Savior.
What a compassionate statement from this pastor Paul, that he would give up his own salvation if Israel would accept Christ.
2. BLOODLINE IS NOT A FACTOR IN THE GOSPEL, IT IS A HEART FOR GOD (9:6-13)
It didn’t matter that they were descendants of Abraham. It doesn’t matter how holy your family line is. Each person must personally accept the gospel of Christ.
3. GOD IS SOVEREIGN AND CAN DISPENSE GRACE HOW HE CHOOSES (9:14-24)
My little 2 year old will fold his arms and boldly proclaim, "that’s not fair." As his father I can’t explain to a 2 year old that the reason it is fair is that his mom and I are the authority in the home. We can only stand our ground. God doesn’t take a whole lot of time to stop and explain his authority either. He is God and He can do what He chooses whether we like it or not.
4. GOD WILL CALL THE BELIEVERS HIS PEOPLE, EVEN THE GENTILE (9:25-29)
What is wonderful news to one, may be deflating news to another. What wonderful news to us Gentiles that God is willing to call us his people. But to those who felt so special, I’m sure that they were having to do some reevaluating of who they were.
5. RIGHTEOUSNESS BY FAITH OVER THE LAW OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
The reason for any believer to be accepted of God is through faith. Regardless of whether you are Jew or Gentile, the key is FAITH.
6. ZEAL FOR GOD MUST BE BASED ON KNOWLEDGE OF THE GOSPEL (10:1-11)
One can be zealous for God and point more people away from God than to God. It is the challenge of every believer to make sure we’re not resposible for causing others to reject the gospel. The best way to do that is based on knowledge of the gospel and the scripture.
7. EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED (10:12-21)
It is as simple as that!! No matter what!! No matter who!!
8. HOPE THROUGH THE REMNANT OF ISRAEL (11:1-10)
The book of Revelation teaches that there will be a great revival that will begin among the 144,000 Jews that will be saved at the same time period throughout the world. Between now and the great revival, the hope of Israel remains in the remnant that will remain faithful to God.
9. THE GENTILES ARE GRAFTED BRANCHES INTO THE PROMISE(11:11-24)
The chosen people of God are no longer Israelites, but blood bought saints of God. THE CHURCH! A lot of people like to jump on the band wagon of downing the church, criticizing the church. We should be very careful not to bad mouth the church or any of its believers, because we are talking about God’s people!
10. BEFORE THE VERY END THE NATION OF ISRAEL WILL ACCEPT THE GOSPEL (11:25-36)
This doen’t mean that every single Jew will be saved. What it means is that rather than being a people of Judaism, they will become a Christian people. (What America is quickly loosing.)