Summary: God wants to use you to make an eternal difference in the lives of others during your time on earth.
INTRO: We Build People Overview
NON-NEGOTIABLE VALUE: “Every person has the right to a presentation of the gospel at his or her level of understanding.
PRIMARY FOCUS: Evangelism * Assimilation * Ministering to needs * Building relationships
1. Minister to their needs.
2. Build relationship with them.
3. Include them in groups.
4. Share the gospel with them.
101CLASS: Discovering Faith Assembly (Membership Class)
NON-NEGOTIABLE VALUE: Every person needs a biblical moral compass to guide and protect him or her throughout life.
PRIMARY FOCUS: Nurturing new believers * Discipleship/teaching * Assimilation * Care ministry
1. Enroll them in a discipleship group.
2. Teach spiritual disciplines.
3. Establish mentoring relationships.
4. Model a biblical lifestyle.
201CLASS: Discovering the Life You Have Always Wanted – A study of the spiritual disciplines.
NON-NEGOTIABLE VALUE: Every believer has unique gifts to be discovered, developed and used to strengthen the church.
PRIMARY FOCUS: Ministry discovery * Mentoring * Training * Equipping
1. Help them identify their ministry gifts.
2. Establish ministry apprenticeships with them.
3. Provide leadership training for them.
4. Model servant character before them.
301CLASS: Discovering Spiritual Gifts – The biblical purpose of Spiritual Gifts and their use.
NON-NEGOTIABLE VALUE: Every believer has a purpose in advancing the global mission of Christ and the church.
PRIMARY FOCUS: Ministry development * Life purpose * Evangelism * Missions
1. Provide cross-cultural experiences.
2. Provide leadership experiences.
3. Provide opportunities to disciple others.
4. Provide continued leadership training.
EXAMPLE CLASSES ON THE 400 LEVEL:
1. Becoming a Contagious Christian – A proven approach designed to equip believers for effective evangelism in today’s world.
Illustr. – God has used some pretty unusual things down through history. He used a stick to part the Red Sea. Jesus used a boy’s lunch to feed a multitude. He took 12 basically uneducated men (the disciples) and used them to change the world. And He can use you! With His help, you cannot fail!
PROP: GOD WANTS TO USE YOU TO MAKE AN ETERNAL DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF OTHERS DURING YOUR TIME ON EARTH.
INTERR. QUESTION: WHAT IS YOUR ANSWER TO GOD’S QUESTION – “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” Are you full of excuses when God calls, or are you willing to say, “Here I am – use me!”?
Illustr. – THE DOG
I’m telling you, God is ready to use you. You don’t have to prove anything to Him. All you have to do is say, “Here I am, Lord – Use me!” It’s not hard. In fact, I’m going to share three things with you that are the secret to being used by God. IF YOU PRACTICE THESE THREE THINGS I’LL GUARANTEE YOU, GOD WILL USE YOU! THE FIRST THING GOD IS LOOKING FOR IS…