Summary: Paul says the Thessalonians walked this way Identifiable, Endurance, confidence and continuously.
Walk This Way 2 Thessalonians 1:1-12
You can identify people by the way they walk Some peoples walk is very Identifiable:
John Wayne Charlie Chaplin their gate
Paul says, the Thesslonicians walked this way:
1. Their Faith was Identifiable your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing. 4Therefore,
among God's churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring.
You might say That the Thessalonians walked this way.
They walked like Christians
They walked with a very familiar walk
2. The Thessalonians walked this way with Endurance
A. . 4Therefore, among God's churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions
and trials you are enduring.
B. Despite severe sufferings you were still a model Christian1Thess 1:6You became imitators of us and of the
Lord; in spite of severe suffering, you welcomed the message with the joy given by the Holy Spirit. 7And so you
became a model to all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia
C. They walked as a representation of God. 1 Thessalonian2:14For you, brothers, became imitators of
God's churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus
3. The Thessalonians walked this way with Confidence they had great Faith in God's Judgment
A. They believed God was Just
B. They believed God would judge and recompense
C. They Believed Relief for the righteous would one day come
6God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7and give relief to you who are troubled and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.
4. I believe the Thessalonians walked this way
A. They walked as though all things are possible to him or her that believed
B. The Thessalonians walked this way with minds on things of above
C. The Thessalonians walked this way with their hearts not troubled for they trusted God
D. They walked with Feet that were fit for readiness ready to proclaim the goodness of Christ
E. They walked with Hands reached out and those they touched received
F. They walked in the light because they had the light of life
• John 812When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
• John 12:35Then Jesus told them, "You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. The man who walks in the dark does not know where he is going. 36Put your trust in the light while you have it, so that you may become sons of light
5. Finally Walk This Way, Walk Continuously never quit walking:
Walk with Faith that is Identifiable; walk with Endurance, Walk with Confidence and Walk continuously.
• 3 John 4 2Dear friends, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. 3It gave me great joy to have some brothers come and tell about your faithfulness to the truth and how you continue to walk in the truth. 4I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.