Summary: Christians should keep their eyes to the skies, in anticipation of the return of their Bridegroom Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
LOOK FOR CHRIST’S RETURN
1. Brothers and Sisters, we are free in Christ. There is no longer anything in this world that can bind us, that can imprison us, that can overcome us, we have been set free in Jesus Christ.
2. ISA 61:1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
3. 2CO 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
4. We are becoming like Christ, which gives us the freedom to be holy and no longer under the condemnation of sin. Who here wants to have the pressure and pain of condemnation removed from their lives. YES you can have this, is you want it. It is beautiful beloved.
5. Brothers and Sisters, if I can have this freedom of the Spirit here on earth, and the Word of God tells me that this is only a deposit of the things to come, I cannot wait to be reunited with my beloved Yeshua, The Son of God.
6. You see beloved, this world is no longer my home. I do not care what happens here, My bridegroom, has made me a promise in Heb 13:5 "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.", and I claim that promise daily, every hour of the day, and I know in my heart that He is faithful, and will do what He says. Therefore, the cares of this world are taken care of by my husband, I am no longer in control, He is, and this is beautiful, peaceful and I am content. Each and every day, I need to get more and more like Jesus, that is righteous perfection.
7. Beloved, I look forward to the day that my bridegroom will return to take me home to meet His Father and the rest of the family. One day, we will hear that Trumpet sound, and looking up, we will see the horizon covered from the east to the west in Angels, and in the center, we will see one who looks like the Son of Man, but He will be glowing bright, with fire in His eyes. He will have a flaming sword in His hand, and He will be the bridegroom coming to claim His bride, and to bind in eternal darkness, those who He does not know.
8. Every sermon, we begin with a question, and today, I once again ask you the question, will you be happy to see Jesus’ face. Are you running the race, are you fighting the good fight, are you longing for His appearing, as the apostle Paul was in 2TI 4:6 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
9. To live the perfect Christian life, the disciple of Jesus Christ needs to be disciplined in his walk, and one of the disciplines that we need to adhere to is the discipline of looking for Christ’s return.