Summary: Ways off of the Road to Hell!God has opportunities along the way to take us off of the road to hell to the road that eventually leads to Him and eternal life.
Ways off of the Road to Hell!
God has opportunities along the way to take us off of the road to hell to the road that eventually leads to Him and eternal life.
(Mat 7:13 KJV) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: (Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
I. The road to hell which has lies that are paved by Satan.
A. Wide is the way.
B. The Word says that many are going that way. Joel 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
C. This wide road leads to destruction.
II. The road to God is narrow.
A. Not many going this way of life, hope and love.
1. It is the only way to Salvation. John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
2. The narrow road leads to eternal life.
a. It is a road of Abundant Life. John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
b. A way of Peace and Joy. John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
c. Sadly few seem to find it: Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
B. However it is road though narrow that has room for every one. Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
III. Signs all along the way declare that God loves us and has provided a way for everyone to get to the Narrow Way.
A. Here are just a few detours that God has to get us off of the road to destruction to narrow road that leads to eternal life.
1. Local churches. In have them everywhere and they are like lighthouses pointing the way to Christ.
2. Testimonies of God’s people that tell, live and demonstrate the Gospel of Salvation.
3. The Bible with over 35,000 promises.
4. Gospel literature showing the way.
5. Gospel radio and television.
6. Revival meetings, in tents, churches and halls.
7. Street meetings and house-to-house evangelism.
8. Mother’s prayers and prayer of the saints.
9. There are others but the last one found before the gates of hell, is Jesus Christ, crucified by the side of the road. If you pass this last detour there is no hope in this life or in the life to come.
IV. Everyone can get off of the wide road because God so loved the world.
Jesus said in (John 6:37 KJV) All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
A. Let us be a beacon light shining for Jesus calling people from the broad way to the narrow way. We are all workers together with Christ.