Summary: We are HIS Children and HE desires our hearts. We are called to obey, but the question is, do we? IF: two (2) simple letters and “IF” is a big word. “If only” is a desire that GOD has for HIS Children. IF we would only...No longer is it a matter of "IF", the time is NOW.
2020.05.03 We are a people - Called to pray
William Akehurst, HSWC
We are a people called to pray. We are HIS Children and HE desires our hearts.
Called to Pray
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Called by my name – to the people, children of GOD.
We are called to obey, but the question is, do we?
IF: two (2) simple letters and “IF” is a big word. “If only” is a desire that GOD has for HIS Children. IF we would only, simply DO what HE has asked. HE’s not asking for the world and some achievement.
HUMBLE: HE is asking us to be humble, to take on humility knowing that we can’t do everything on our own.
PRAY: Talk to your HEAVENLY FATHER
JESUS instructed us to pray…Our FATHER who is in Heaven, Hallowed, Holy is YOUR Name.
SEEK GOD’s face. Focus people. What is it we seek after? Fame? Fortune? Health? Happiness?
Matthew 6.33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
TURN: Turn or burn. Repent, Change, from death to life. Choose which WAY you will serve. JESUS is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE.
John 14.6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
THEN: GOD WILL HEAR
THEN: GOD WILL FORGIVE
THEN: GOD WILL HEAL
So many times, our prayers are all about us. We ask over and over again for ourselves. But we are also called to pray for others.
Prayers for Others and for Our Leaders
1Tim 2:1-5 [KJV]
1. I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2. For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4. Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Tim 2:1-5 NET
1. First of all, then, I urge that requests, prayers, intercessions, and thanks be offered on behalf of all people,
2. even for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.
3. Such prayer for all is good and welcomed before God our Savior,
4. since he wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.
5. For there is one God and one intermediary between God and humanity, Christ Jesus, himself human,
GOD's DESIRE if for all people to be saved and come to the knowledge of HIM. vs. 3-4.
Prayers of Confession
3. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
WE come in humility, acknowledging our sins are against our Creator the LORD GOD. And if we confess our sins before HIM, HE forgives and cleanses us from our unrighteousness.
Prayers of Praise and Gratitude
1 A Psalm of David. I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.
2 I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.
Like Jehosaphat placed the choir of praise before the army as they went to battle, the LORD had the enemy defeat themselves Army of Israel never engaged in battle. GOD inhabits the praises of HIS People.
Praise the Lord for what He has done and what He continues to do in our nation and in our communities
Prayers for GOD’s Kingdom
Matt 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
When we pray for GOD’s WILL to be done on earth as it is in heaven, we are aligning ourselves with GOD’s ways, thoughts and mind, coming under HIS authority.
Pray that in a world filled with darkness that God’s authority and goodness would shine through.
Prayers for our Families and Community
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.